"Reset" firmware by replacing mainboard

This forum is for information related with H series hardware instead of firmware/software.

kumpelj
SamyGO Project Donor

"Reset" firmware by replacing mainboard

Post by kumpelj »

Unfortunately I have a H-series TV with a non-rootable firmware version:(
Could it be possible to get a rootable firmware by replacing just the mainboard with another one (e.g. used on from a tv with broken screen) or is the firmware running on mutliple boards (i think there a a few within a modern tv) and every board has to be replaced?

Thx

Thomas
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: "Reset" firmware by replacing mainboard

Post by sectroyer »

kumpelj wrote:Unfortunately I have a H-series TV with a non-rootable firmware version:(
Could it be possible to get a rootable firmware by replacing just the mainboard with another one (e.g. used on from a tv with broken screen) or is the firmware running on mutliple boards (i think there a a few within a modern tv) and every board has to be replaced?

Thx

Thomas
Well it's quite expensive. Much better is to disable OTN Support. Do you have firmware version supports it ? :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
dws4wdr
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by dws4wdr »

I'm interested in in replacing my mainboard to, BUT with a UE model. I have a UN (United States) for my UN60H7100. Anyone know if this is possible?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Probably, but hardware (especially tuner) won't be suitable to your region (DVB-T vs ATSC).
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
dws4wdr
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by dws4wdr »

I didn't know that. Trying to add DVR function. I can't find a root for my model.

Thanks for the info
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

If one can work, it could be only that one:
viewtopic.php?f=70&t=9622
It's worth the try :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

Return to “[H] Hardware”