H Series 2790 root or buy mainboard

Here is information about customize your H series firmware.

j911
SamyGO Project Donor

H Series 2790 root or buy mainboard

Post by j911 »

Hi,

I am aware that H series firmware 2790.1 is currently unrootable. However, I was wondering if those in the "know" can advise whether I should look at buying a mainboard off e-bay for my tv UE40H6670 or should I hold off spending extra money if there is something being worked on and will be available in the next couple of months?

Thanks
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: H Series 2790 root or buy mainboard

Post by sectroyer »

Possible :) You should definitely disable OTN Support ASAP and block updates on router :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
j911
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by j911 »

Thank you, I actually researched which set to buy for twin dvbs2 tuners and went for this model, unfortunately the seller had already upgraded to latest firmware.

I checked the servicemenu and couldn't find an option for otn support so disabled on the router level soon as I could.

Just waiting in the hope to be able to root or buy a mainboard to replace it....

Also, is it possible to downgrade the firmware by using a programmer or is the nand encrypted?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Why do you need twi dvbs tuners ? :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
whisper85
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by whisper85 »

I got Samsung H6650 with double sat tuner. Please clarify because I didn't find this info, can I use both tuners to watch encrypted channels using OSCAM (for example record 1 channel, watch another or PiP) or only primary tuner can be used to decrypt signal via OSCAM and second tuner can see only FTA channels?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

whisper85 wrote:I got Samsung H6650 with double sat tuner. Please clarify because I didn't find this info, can I use both tuners to watch encrypted channels using OSCAM (for example record 1 channel, watch another or PiP) or only primary tuner can be used to decrypt signal via OSCAM and second tuner can see only FTA channels?
NOT using oscam, NOT using legal cards, NOT using Samsung TV :)
j911
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by j911 »

Well on enigma2 using twin tuners with oscam it was never an issue. Reason I need twin is because I would like to record cricket matches whilst at work, in the mean time rest of my family can watch free to air mostly or hopefully encrypted as well on second tuner.

Return to “[H] Firmware”