EU40H6400 with sw v.2117: game over?

Here is information about customize your H series firmware.

tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

EU40H6400 with sw v.2117: game over?

Post by tendi »

Hi everyone, I own a Samsung smart tv model EU40H6400 since September 2014 and only a few days ago I discovered that the recordings that I've made with it are not readable by any other device. Such a bad surprise for me, as I thought they were stored as unencrypted files. So, after some googling I've discovered this forum and I've immediately disabled the OTN support as strongly recommended in many of your posts. But my tv has already updated a few times so far and its current software version is 2117.
Since in the posts I see people talking about versions much earlier than mine, my question is: is it too late for my tv to take advantage of any kind of exploit permitting root? And is there anything that I could do to help the research, even if I'm not an engineer or a software developer? (Except of donating money, which I've already done even before registering).

If anyone should be interested in getting details about this model (which apparently isn't one of the most diffused), please feel free to ask and I will be available to give you any possible info.

(And sorry for the inaccuracies but, like many of you, English is not my first language.)
Tv model: UE40H6400
Firmware: T-MST14DEUC-2117.5
Lordbyte
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: EU40H6400 with sw v.2117: game over?

Post by Lordbyte »

Keep TV from updating any further ...
Wait for the H-series to have a root-kit developed.
When that root-kit becomes public, you cross your fingers that your current firmware is covered.
But first of all .. wait .. patiently .. monitor this forum .. Research on the H-series is still very much under way.
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: EU40H6400 with sw v.2117: game over?

Post by tendi »

That's exactly what I'm going to do from now on. Thanks man.
Tv model: UE40H6400
Firmware: T-MST14DEUC-2117.5

Return to “[H] Firmware”