Country Change (Not Apps)

Here is information about customize your H series firmware.

eddiem10

Country Change (Not Apps)

Post by eddiem10 »

I bought this TV recently. UE40H6200AWXXN It was bought online from the Netherlands. I want to use it in Ireland but the only countries I can choose are, Belgium, Luxembourg or the Netherlands. I can change the country to Ireland for apps. Without the ability to change the country to Ireland I cannot access digital text. Also the channels are very mixed up. Samsung Ireland and The Netherlands tell me it NOT possible to change it. A local TV repair man tells he CAN do it for ?80. Who is correct? Finally to say, I have had several OTN updates .... So is it too late? I would be very grateful for any advise. :) :)
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Country Change (Not Apps)

Post by tendi »

Hi, have you already tried to change the parameter "Local Set" in the Extended Service Menu? If you don't know what I'm talking about, give a look at this thread viewtopic.php?f=75&t=7882 (and if you do a little search on the forum, you will find a lot more about the same topic).

I hope you will be able to solve this thing without having to pay anything :)
Tv model: UE40H6400
Firmware: T-MST14DEUC-2117.5
eddiem10

Post by eddiem10 »

tendi wrote:Hi, have you already tried to change the parameter "Local Set" in the Extended Service Menu? If you don't know what I'm talking about, give a look at this thread viewtopic.php?f=75&t=7882 (and if you do a little search on the forum, you will find a lot more about the same topic).

I hope you will be able to solve this thing without having to pay anything :)
Thank you for that. I tried this last night. After I sent the .wav file the TV flashed alternate colours. No buttons on the remote would then respond. Am I doing something wrong or is it too late as the firmware has already updated several times OTA.Thanks in advance.
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

the TV flashed alternate colours. No buttons on the remote would then respond
Don't worry about that, this is the effect of the FACTORY button pressed alone. Pressing it again (=sending his IR signal once more) will stop this "stroboscopic" behaviour :D The first time I was scared too :)

You have to try again to find the correct timing between the pressure of INFO and FACTORY. When you will do it in the right way, you will notice a change of brightness (at least if you have the eco sensor activated) and then the extended service menu will show up.
Tv model: UE40H6400
Firmware: T-MST14DEUC-2117.5

Return to “[H] Firmware”