Problem found with OTN Support "OFF"

Here is information about customize your H series firmware.

Lordbyte
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Problem found with OTN Support

Post by Lordbyte »

MikeyBoy wrote:
sectroyer wrote:One more thing came to my mind. You may want to try to set OTA Support to OFF. It might fix OTN Support set to OFF issue;)
Sounds promising. Did that solve the issue for Lordbyte?
My issue was a compound one. I had OTN set of OFF, and OTA set to "general".
It was my belif that I still needed OTA to have Smarthub-support, wich I dident want to opt out.
At the same time I had my router set to block the TV update-servers .. just in case :-)

Now i have learned that OTA is just as bad as OTN, and that SmartHUB-support is not an issue and will work just fine.
So, I have now both OTA and OTN set to OFF, and the TV runs smooth. No more funny sleep-states so far ..
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
Gamersware

Re: Problem found with OTN Support "OFF"

Post by Gamersware »

OKAY I have change the settings in the"Hidden" Servicemenu per IRremote-KEY-Log
[MENU] [MUTE] [POWER]....

"MRT OPTION"
OTN Support OFF / standard is ON
OTA Support OFF / standard is GENERAL
...escaped from Germany
MikeyBoy

Post by MikeyBoy »

I can also finally confirm that

OTN Support OFF
+
OTA Support OFF

fixes the problem with the TV not turning off completely. So, thanks for that hint, it worked nicely. And no more forced updates from Samsung.
svv000

Post by svv000 »

In my TV UE55H8000 OTN Supprt is ... I do not know how to turn off this item. :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MikeyBoy

Post by MikeyBoy »

I think that after a certain firmware version, Samsung has changed this, you can't disable it anymore. Meaning, you can't disable forced firmware updates by Samsung (which they sometimes like to do), unless you block the update servers in your internet router.
aimaim
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by aimaim »

I had the same problem, but the solution was slightly different. Just leaving this link here in case anyone ever has the same problem:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=12632&p=110812#p110812

Return to “[H] Firmware”