Problem found with OTN Support "OFF"

Here is information about customize your H series firmware.

MikeyBoy

Re: Problem found with OTN Support "OFF"

Post by MikeyBoy »

I did not say it was definitively this option. I was asking for other opinions. Then you came and said it was definitely NOT this option. Plus you used lots of smiley in weird places which made me think you were making fun of me. This is why i got a bit annoyed. Maybe i assumed wrongly and it's your style of posting, sorry then. I don't want to test it anymore because it resets all the picture settings. All i can say - once again - is that i tried every other option in the menus, turned the TV off after each one, and every time it re-activated my soundbar and my HDD after a short while. Then finally after setting OTN Support back to ON, the TV finally stayed completely off. And now i turned it off about 10 times and each time it stayed off. So you tell me if it can be OTN Support or not. To me it seems like it can.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Yes the key is it "can" :) There is no other way than to test it few times :) If it's this option request replacement... If your question is "Is there any other option that can cause such issue" than I would say yes :) But don't expect much feedback on "other options" from service menu because with "other options" you can not only cause problems like yours but also brick your TV :) That's why people should ONLY disable OTN Support :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
MikeyBoy

Post by MikeyBoy »

If i test it a few times, you're just gonna say that my TV is broken. So that's also no use. I posted the initial suspicion, now i just want other people to check this. Maybe there is someone else with the same problem, maybe it depends if you have a certain soundbar attached, who knows. If only one other person in the world also has this problem, that would already prove it. And it's also hard to detect. If my soundbar's display didn't light up, i would have never guessed it, because the TV stays off and silent, red standby light lit up, but the tuner, USB and HDMI output definitely turned on.

Concerning other options, i made sure not to touch anything other than OTN support, of course. I know the service menu can be dangerous. This is my fourth Samsung (C-series, F-series, 2x H-series) and i've been in the service menu a couple times...
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

MikeyBoy wrote:If i test it a few times, you're just gonna say that my TV is broken. So that's also no use. I posted the initial suspicion, now i just want other people to check this. Maybe there is someone else with the same problem, maybe it depends if you have a certain soundbar attached, who knows. If only one other person in the world also has this problem, that would already prove it. And it's also hard to detect. If my soundbar's display didn't light up, i would have never guessed it, because the TV stays off and silent, red standby light lit up, but the tuner, USB and HDMI output definitely turned on.

Concerning other options, i made sure not to touch anything other than OTN support, of course. I know the service menu can be dangerous. This is my fourth Samsung (C-series, F-series, 2x H-series) and i've been in the service menu a couple times...
And what if you ping your TV ? :) Does it respond to ping ? :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
cybero2912

Post by cybero2912 »

and what happens if you detach your soundbar and external drive?
have you tried a factory restore?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

cybero2912 wrote:and what happens if you detach your soundbar and external drive?
have you tried a factory restore?
Just to inform I have tested it all same tv with multiple drivers attached ;)
Lordbyte

Post by Lordbyte »

I hate to admit it, but my TV exibits same behavioure.

TV never turns off "for real" .. It is in some "deep sleep" state when "off".
The power-relay never "click on" as it does when its truly off.
When it wakes up, Its in a funny state where I need to go visit the "Motion judder" setting just to have
scrolling text be readable :)
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Lordbyte wrote:I hate to admit it, but my TV exibits same behavioure.

TV never turns off "for real" .. It is in some "deep sleep" state when "off".
The power-relay never "click on" as it does when its truly off.
When it wakes up, Its in a funny state where I need to go visit the "Motion judder" setting just to have
scrolling text be readable :)
I knew it was "not safe" to update to your firmware :P Anyway it only proves what I said previously OTN Support should be disabled ASAP :) Probably you two have same super, hyper "latest" firmware :)
Lordbyte

Post by Lordbyte »

I believe you are right ..

And the problem with the "motion judder" thing is easily fixed ... just power-off and then power-on .. problem fixed :-)
My comment was just ment to let anyone know that the issue is "real" and not isolated to a single TV with motherboard-problems :-)

Lets just park the issue under "Idiots that upgraded their firmware"-section :-)
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Lordbyte wrote:I believe you are right ..

And the problem with the "motion judder" thing is easily fixed ... just power-off and then power-on .. problem fixed :-)
My comment was just ment to let anyone know that the issue is "real" and not isolated to a single TV with motherboard-problems :-)

Lets just park the issue under "Idiots that upgraded their firmware"-section :-)
And for you (temporary) switching OTN Support to ON helps? Also in this "strange state" does tv respond to ping? (BTW check PM ;))

Return to “[H] Firmware”