Problem found with OTN Support "OFF"

Here is information about customize your H series firmware.

Lordbyte
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Problem found with OTN Support "OFF"

Post by Lordbyte »

I will try to supply answers later tonight .. at work now, and have no access to TV.
You might get a PM later tonight when I have analyzed your file-upload (div by zero, and your DRM in WAIT-state).
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
MikeyBoy

Post by MikeyBoy »

I'm glad someone can confirm this. My firmware should be 2130.0 and it was installed when i first set up the TV (maybe i should've done it without the network cable attached). Now the TV does funny things in standby with OTN Support OFF, so i'll leave it ON and just do all the updates... oh well.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

MikeyBoy wrote:I'm glad someone can confirm this. My firmware should be 2130.0 and it was installed when i first set up the TV (maybe i should've done it without the network cable attached). Now the TV does funny things in standby with OTN Support OFF, so i'll leave it ON and just do all the updates... oh well.
That means no SamyGO for you ;) Also if TV doesn't want to shutdown correctly it possible we can fix it or as a last resort it force it shutdown with:

Code: Select all

/sbin/micom shutdown
If you leave OTN Support to ON you leave yourself no choice :P
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
MikeyBoy

Post by MikeyBoy »

Yes i know, no SamyGO... But i don't know what other weird effects might result from OTN Support OFF. So i rather leave it enabled now and live with the TV like it is. It seems to take forever anyway to root the H-series, and with my newest firmware it might never happen, so at least i don't have any false hopes now.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

MikeyBoy wrote:Yes i know, no SamyGO... But i don't know what other weird effects might result from OTN Support OFF. So i rather leave it enabled now and live with the TV like it is. It seems to take forever anyway to root the H-series, and with my newest firmware it might never happen, so at least i don't have any false hopes now.
Nah your "newest firmware" is still rootable and root release date is "getting closer".... :roll: . We would just have to fix this issue. However it's a "final countdown" it's very possible that very shortly after releasing H root Samsung will block rooting ;)

P.S. Both mine and LordByte's H TVs are already rooted :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
MikeyBoy

Post by MikeyBoy »

Hmm. Then i guess i'll have to be quick to root my TV and disable OTN when the root is released. Hopefully then there will also be a fix for this problem. But until then i rather have my TV turn off fully, and live with the risk of another sneaky firmware update. Since Samsung probably has no idea about the method of rooting yet, they also can't block it yet. Which seems to be confirmed by Lordbyte's case, where the root works with the 2130.0 firmware.

Or (conspiracy theory): Have they deliberately done something so that when you turn off OTN Support with the new firmware, the TV uploads some internal data to Samsung to check if someone tried to root it or whatever? Or otherwise deliberately messed up that option? Ok, maybe even Samsung won't go that far...
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

MikeyBoy wrote:Since Samsung probably has no idea about the method of rooting yet, they also can't block it yet.
That's very bad assumption but I will not tell anything more... ;)
MikeyBoy wrote: Which seems to be confirmed by Lordbyte's case, where the root works with the 2130.0 firmware.
LordByte has his OTN disabled ;)
MikeyBoy wrote: Or (conspiracy theory): Have they deliberately done something so that when you turn off OTN Support with the new firmware, the TV uploads some internal data to Samsung to check if someone tried to root it or whatever? Or otherwise deliberately messed up that option? Ok, maybe even Samsung won't go that far...
Samsung probably wants to stop people from disabling OTN because that way they are "in the control" :) They changed a lot on H series and they don't like the idea that we were able to "break" it :)
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

One more thing came to my mind. You may want to try to set OTA Support to OFF. It might fix OTN Support set to OFF issue;)
MikeyBoy

Re: Problem found with OTN Support

Post by MikeyBoy »

sectroyer wrote:One more thing came to my mind. You may want to try to set OTA Support to OFF. It might fix OTN Support set to OFF issue;)
Sounds promising. Did that solve the issue for Lordbyte?
sectroyer

Re: Problem found with OTN Support

Post by sectroyer »

MikeyBoy wrote:
sectroyer wrote:One more thing came to my mind. You may want to try to set OTA Support to OFF. It might fix OTN Support set to OFF issue;)
Sounds promising. Did that solve the issue for Lordbyte?
I see you prefer to ask milion questions instead of testing something for yourself :P

Return to “[H] Firmware”