Samsung UE48H6700 Service Menu Settings Help

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.

alishaded

Samsung UE48H6700 Service Menu Settings Help

Post by alishaded »

Sorry if this is the wrong place for help requests like this. I just thought I'd need to find someone with good technical knowledge to have a chance of correct info and this is probably one of my better chances of that.

I know... I absolutely shouldn't have gone into the service menu without knowing what I was doing but I've done it now and would really appreciate some help.

The full model number of my TV is: UE48H6700STXXU

So I decided to go into the service menu for my TV to check bluetooth settings and so I found the remote combination to access it and brought up the service menu. Once on screen, I looked at the service menu that came up, realised I didn't want to mess with anything so I thought I'd get straight out and pressed the power button on the remote to turn the TV off. I didn't change anything at all in the service menu, didn't even go into the menus, didn't press anything on the remote at all except the power button on my remote to exit, I just loaded up into it and then immediately quit. (I later found out that this was (probably) a mistake, how bad I don't know...)

When I turned the TV back on, I noticed that all my picture settings had been reset to Dynamic so I set them back to how I had them and that's when I started to panic. Despite putting the Picture settings back to how I had them, the picture is now noticeably less bright, duller even. It also doesn't seem as defined and seems softer. I read on a forum thread elsewhere that you *must* "reset" the service menu *before* exiting it (is this true) - and that was the stupid mistake I assume I made since I didn't do that and I really shouldn't have been in there in the first place despite not changing a single thing.

I haven't been able to update the stock Samsung firmware since I'm on the currently most up to date firmware (2850.3). Or else I don't know how to re-flash the same firmware via usb or if it would help with the problem I described?

I'm hoping: Can someone here with the exact same TV or who otherwise knows what they're doing can let me know the settings that *were* (i.e. default) or should be in my model of TV's service menu before I stupidly exited the service menu and lost them? Maybe post screenshots of the settings? (Please don't make the same mistake I did, obviously and stay out of the service menu completely unless you know what you're doing Not even once!)

Otherwise, what's the advice to fix this mess?

I'd really appreciate some help with this as I'm feeling pretty crappy about the whole stupid idea to take a look in the service menu. Does exiting straight out of the service menu without changing anything "lose" settings or am I imagining it? It must do *something* since it reset all picture settings to "Dynamic" and seemingly defaults?

I know it's a silly situation but would really appreciate some help or advice with this. Thanks
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Samsung UE48H6700 Service Menu Settings Help

Post by juusso »

You can do factory reset and then compare values found on our forum.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “[H] Support”