UA40HU6000 -> Region change to Europe (EU_Benelux) - Solved

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.

Tweak

UA40HU6000 -> Region change to Europe (EU_Benelux) - Solved

Post by Tweak »

I've been reading up on region changes, but since i don't have access to a Samsung smartphone and need to find out how to use the samsung IR extender with my laptop, I wonder if it is possible to change the setting of this TV (bought in Hong Kong while working there) to the Netherlands. Or are the region changes only possible within a region (e.g. DE to NL in Europe) and location changes will not work changing continents (i.e. Hong Kong to Netherlands),

Update: managed to change the region and country setting.

Method:
Step 1:
1.1. Get into the extended menu by pressing <info> <menu> <mute> <power on> on the remote.
1.2 Play factory + 3speed wav via iTunes on my mac and transmit the signal via a Samsung IR extender to my TV (note: volume to max, IR extender about 1 cm from the IR receiver on my tv)
1.3 Changed Option -> MRT Option -> Region to: PANEURO
1.4 Changed Option -> MRT Option -> OTN support to Off

Step 2:
2.1 Play info + factory wav via iTunes on my mac and transmit the signal via a Samsung IR extender to my TV (note: volume to max, IR extender about 1 cm from the IR receiver on my tv)
2.2 Changed Option -> LOCALSET to EU-BENELUX

Done, i can now receive the digital channels of my cable provider in the Netherlands.

Note that i don't know whether setting the region to PanEuro is required, but for me it works
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “[H] Support”