Samsung UE48H6500 Service Menu

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.

Tmosfet

Samsung UE48H6500 Service Menu

Post by Tmosfet »

Hi, could some of you helpful people enlighten me on Service Mode navigation on a Samsung UE48H6500, it would be helpful to know the following things; navigation controls is up & down arrow keys? selecting a particular option is done with the left & right arrow keys?
also what is escape or back/exit from a chosen particular menu? to return navigation to the main Service Menu options again?
and lastly, what is the procedure to exit the Service Mode correctly/& have any chosen SM setting saved? thankyou for any comments
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tmosfet on Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tmosfet

Re: Samsung UE48H6500 Service Menu

Post by Tmosfet »

I only purposefully entered Service Menu to alter the OTN if it was a Selective option (as recommended) p.s. I haven't even got that far, locating it is a little explorative, just could do with some helpful answers to my above questions, I have safely worked out a couple of my original questions so far with how the basic navigation works, I've got the idea without (in the process) making an unnecessary alteration to anything 😁
Moving along, would be really helpful if anyone could answer how any changed settings are handled by the TV when in service mode, whether the tv should automaticly save after TV is turned off or whether a sequence of buttons need to be pressed before turning off? and whether the Factory Reset is relevant to do before exiting from Service Mode to TV standby/& powering back on into User Mode?
Tmosfet

Post by Tmosfet »

How the main service menu looks currently, after I toggled EDID to ON.
IMG_20180823_104513.jpg
IMG_20180823_110703.jpg
I'm not exactly sure how the EDID got altered in the first place? to be perfectly honest, as this is the first time I have entered Service Mode, maybe a Previously connected device messed the EDID settings? I dunno? or maybe that setting got messed about with during a Samsung FW update?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tmosfet

Post by Tmosfet »

After unexpectedly fixing the EDID I have now located the OTN setting, it is currently ON I should toggle it OFF, right? How to exit Service Mode safely & return to User Mode? & make the changes I made save in the process can anyone comment?
notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by notengo13 »

Tmosfet wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:43 am After unexpectedly fixing the EDID I have now located the OTN setting, it is currently ON I should toggle it OFF, right? How to exit Service Mode safely & return to User Mode? & make the changes I made save in the process can anyone comment?
Move: up @ down arrows
Change values: right @ left arrows
Exit: Turn OFF TV with remote control or if you are using android app just press S2 twice.
REMEBER ALWAYS MAKE VIDEO OR PHOTOS OF SERVICE MENU SETTINGS BEFORE YOU CHANGE OR MOVE.
UE48H6640 T-MST14DEUC 2781.0 root latestH --> 2130.0 skypeRoot-->0000-->2115.3 "Skype refueled" Root
QE55QN93A - - >firmware T-NKM2DEUC-1805.4 (backup 1590.0) - - >update CURL60 Error --> CURL28 Error

Return to “[H] Support”