hope somebody can help me with my problem.
Starting last week, the Netflix app will not play videos anymore. Loading progresses to 20% and is stuck there until the famous "your video cannot be played at this time" error message appears. Netflix app on smartphone works, so does watching in the browser - so the problem is not related to the Netflix account. A similar problem has been reported here viewtopic.php?f=78&t=12306&p=104372&hil ... ix#p104372, alas without a solution. I suspect that some local cache is corrupted and thus want to reinstall the Netflix app. This is not possible though, as Samsung in its eternal wisdom decided that uninstalling "default" apps is not something you as the paying customer should be allowed to do. My TV model is the UE60H6270.
This is what I have tried so far:
1. Logged out of Netflix
2. Switched profiles back and forth - problem persists for all profiles.
3. Factory Reset the TV from the settings menu.
4. Factory Reset the TV from the service menu.
I have found mention of how entering the development mode on the TV allows one to uninstall default apps, this is the how to I've been trying to follow: https://technastic.com/delete-apps-on-samsung-smart-tv/ The relevant part of that link is this:
However, I fail to follow this guide for the simple reason that I don't know how to bring up a "numeric keypad" on my TV.These quick steps will work on E, F, H, J, K, KU, and KS series on the Korean giant’s Smart TVs.
1 Press the Home button on your TV’s remote.
2 Select Apps and click it.
3 Now press the Number button on your remote and type ‘12345‘ using the on-screen number.
4 You’ll then see the Developer mode pop-up. Highlight the On button and select it.
5 Now select the OK option. The Developer mode will be enabled for the Apps section on your Samsung TV. Select the Close option on the pop-up saying, “Develop Mode is On status.”
This are my questions:
1. What is the "Apps" view (step 2 in the Howto above)? Is this the "recommended by Samsung" view in the Samsung Smart HUB?
2. Where is the "Number" button mentioned in step 3? I have a "Keypad" button, but all that does is open a small menu with Picture in Picture options, settings etc. How do I open this number display?
3. Is there any other way to enable development mode on my model? E.g. via the service menu?
4. If all else fails - is there any other way that I can get rid of Netflix, or at least delete its local temp files?
Thanks for any help provided, the prospect of a second lockdown without working Netflix is kind of scary