H series region change

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.

vera

Re: H series region change

Post by vera »

sectroyer wrote:
vera wrote:Hi , I have a UE60H7000 , but I didn't enter the service menu ?!?! How can I enter ?
Yes. Disable OTN Support ASAP :)
I can't enter the service menu ? I tried " info + menu + mute + power " but nothing happens ??
Last edited by vera on Tue May 26, 2015 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

vera wrote: I can't enter the service menu ?
Yes you can :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
vera

Post by vera »

sectroyer wrote:
vera wrote: I can't enter the service menu ?
Yes you can :)
yes I did !!! :D
4tune
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by 4tune »

So, I bought a UE40H6400 from another region as where I live. To get my CI+ module working first thing was to change region. As I have no immediate access to a Samsung / HTC / LG phone I had to revert to the IR blaster that came with it. Tried everything but to no avail :x :roll: It makes a funny rattle so it is probably bust.

As I'm not the most patient dude, next try was building my own IR transmitter. Shops where already closed so I dug deep in my most forgotten parts of storages. Found 2 cheap-ass toy remotes with a IR LED and an old jack to RCA cable. The result is this contraption Image

It worked! :lol: :lol: I had to press info at my normal remote and play factory on my newly constructed transmitter.

Unfortunately my TV came with firmware 2135.4 so no rooting for me (?)
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

4tune wrote:Unfortunately my TV came with firmware 2135.4 so no rooting for me (?)
Well it MAINLY depends on whether you will disable OTN Support ASAP!!! If you keep on getting updates than yes no root for you :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
simit

Post by simit »

I'm looking to change the LocalSet on my UE40H6500. No idea why but it came with the wrong setting (assumes I am in Eastern European when in UK) when I bought it online.

Anyway, tried to enter the extended service menu using wav files and the included IR extender but no success. The included IR extender only has a mono jack but have seen DIY ones made using 2 leds on a stereo 3.5mm jack. Is the stereo signal significant to be successful.

I am not interested in doing anything else with my TV other than set the correct Local Set. If I can't do it myself, it's going back.

Thanks.
sashita79
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by sashita79 »

Hi
With stereo jack shema it works in both cases (like transmiter only and like transmiter and reciever)
I have tested with success.
One more thing, try to use WAV file which is INFO+FACTORY (from normal mode)
Samyluke79

Post by Samyluke79 »

Hi everybody.
Great forum with lots of help, this is my first post, congratulations!

So, I am the half-happy owner of a UE55H6400AK, bought in Ireland in May 2015. I fear that the TV has already updated to the latest Firmware.
My co-worker got the same model H6400 but in the 40 inch size, he is able to record TV, I am not. I tried changing several USB media (pen drive / HDD), with no luck.

I want to "pause" and "record" the freesat channel from my Mahattan DVB-S box.
http://www.manhattan-receivers.com/prod ... reeview-hd

So I adventured in the forums and worked my way in the advanced menus, using the Android Service Remote APP on Galaxy S4. Everything works, I can access to the LocalSet and all the advanced menus.

I disabled immediately OTN support

PVR is enabled but I cannot record from FREESAT (I got the Manhattan HDS2 decoder) nor I can access the "onTV" menu in SmartHub.

Is it a limitation of the firmware or I just cannot record from an HDMI input? How can that be achieved?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Samyluke79 wrote:Is it a limitation of the firmware or I just cannot record from an HDMI input? How can that be achieved?
Only internal tuners can be recorded. No way to record any external source.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Samyluke79

Post by Samyluke79 »

zoelechat wrote:
Samyluke79 wrote:Is it a limitation of the firmware or I just cannot record from an HDMI input? How can that be achieved?
Only internal tuners can be recorded. No way to record any external source.
Thank you! Can I get a free sat internal tuner in the h6400?
If I root, can I pvr from ext source?

Return to “[H] Support”