tips and tricks to expand functionality via service men?

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.

valekk

Re: tips and tricks to expand functionality via service men?

Post by valekk »

Hello excuse my English or executed everything above my version of my Samsung 55h6400 (converted 6500) updated to version: 2850.3 02/08/2016 works and records the only thing that is wrong is SmartView does not connect with my phone whereas when it is carried forward to 6400 version works you can give help thanks

Salve a tutti scusate il mio inglese o eseguito tutto quello destritto la mia versione del mio Samsung 55h6400 (trasformato 6500) aggiornato alla Versione : 2850.3 del 2016.08.02 funziona e registra unica cosa che non va ? smartView non si collega con il mio cellulare mentre quando lo riporto alla versione 6400 funziona mi potete dare una mano grazie
cicciogeppo88

Post by cicciogeppo88 »

Hi guys!
I am new in this forum...I am trying to give to my ue32h5500 bought in Italy PVR functions.
from what I've understood from many posts about that all I need is an IR Receiver and the wav file which should allow to send a factory + 3speed signal and in this way my service menù (obtained with the combination info menu mute power )will be upgraded and allow me to change model and area..is it correct?
@Olfason : is it possible for you to re-post the audio wav file, I was looking for it in this forum but can't find it.
Also..do you know where i can find an IR extender?

Thanks a lot guys...!

PS....I've discovered that if you stay on the advanced menu voice (without click nothing on the remote) and then push 0000 it will add a voice about 3D settings maybe it can be helpful for someone!
Olfason wrote: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:50 pm SERVICE MENU' useful tips and tricks for some "Model" or some "Local Set" that have limitations
useful for some "Model" or some "Local Set" you can change but you can't save some improvements values in service men?: Solution is ENTER SERVICE MENU' and change "Model" to a better model with enabled functionality values and downgrade according to your hardware. VALUES ARE SAVED NOW!

TO ENTER SERVICE MENU':
1. turn on tv (normal mode)
2. push the "info button", push the "Factory button"
or
1. turn off tv
2. INFO, MENU, MUTE, POWER, then FACTORY+3SPEED
You can emulate this with infrared smartphone or IR Extender + wav files you can download in this forum (if tv led don't blink when play wavs, audio output is low, try another device)

H6400, ENABLE PVR+MHP+LCN (USEFUL FOR ITALIAN USERS):
ENTER SERVICE MENU' and change "Model" from H6400 to H6500 and "Local Set" to your country
BOM Model = 6400
Model = H6400 ; Local Set = EU => PVR ON ; MHP OFF ;
Model = H6400 ; Local Set = EU_Italy => PVR OFF ; MHP ON ; LCN Italy ;
Model = H6500 ; Local Set = EU_Italy => PVR ON ; MHP ON ; LCN Italy ; Satellite tuner support enabled (but hardware missing)

PVR ON VALUES (after Model change):
MRT Options > PVR Support > ON
MHP ON VALUES (after Model change):
MRT Options > Data Servece Support > ON
MRT Options > JAVA Data Servece Support > ON
in Sub Option > Info Link Country > Italy (optional !?)

H5500, tested solution for ENABLE PVR+MHP+LCN (USEFUL FOR ITALIAN USERS) is:
Change:
ENTER SERVICE MENU' and change "Model" from H5500 to H6500 and "Local Set" to your country
BOM Model = 5500
change mrt options as num admi 4>3, num usb 3>2, BT support off, 3d support off ecc to H5500 values
except the values ??that you want to keep (PVR & MHP for example).

Warning
to the suggestion of "tendy": changes to the model restore all values to default as "OTN Support: ON" in "Option MRT". it is highly recommended to restore to OFF and prevent software updates.

H4000, H4003, H5000, H5003, H5030 ecc are TV versions without quad core processor and with a different software. You can try to enable something via operator but software platform firmware installed on these models hardly allow big things...

post your tests (at your own risk) ;)
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

All infos you need (including wavs) are there on wiki :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
cicciogeppo88

Post by cicciogeppo88 »

thanks a lot zoelechat! after the procedure I will write to this post the result ;)
gbon

Post by gbon »

Olfason wrote: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:50 pm
TO ENTER SERVICE MENU':
1. turn on tv (normal mode)
2. push the "info button", push the "Factory button"
or
1. turn off tv
2. INFO, MENU, MUTE, POWER, then FACTORY+3SPEED
You can emulate this with infrared smartphone or IR Extender + wav files you can download in this forum (if tv led don't blink when play wavs, audio output is low, try another device)

H6400, ENABLE PVR+MHP+LCN (USEFUL FOR ITALIAN USERS):
ENTER SERVICE MENU' and change "Model" from H6400 to H6500 and "Local Set" to your country
BOM Model = 6400
Model = H6400 ; Local Set = EU => PVR ON ; MHP OFF ;
Model = H6400 ; Local Set = EU_Italy => PVR OFF ; MHP ON ; LCN Italy ;
Model = H6500 ; Local Set = EU_Italy => PVR ON ; MHP ON ; LCN Italy ; Satellite tuner support enabled (but hardware missing)
Hi, I own an H6400 and I built my own ir transmitter which is working.
The problem is that I can't access the extended service menu, but only the basic one.

If i try with info + factory button with tv on I get a "not supported" message

If get into the normal service menu and try Factory+3speed I either get the flashing red/green/blue screen or the same basic service menu is reloaded, but I don't have the extended option like the "local set" visibile.

What am I doing wrong? Is there anything else I can try?

Tanks in advance
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Try to use INFO from real rc, then FACTORY (only) wave. The 2-key-waves have been often reported "too quick" and TV catches only 1 key.
gbon

Post by gbon »

Hi, many thanks for your answer.

I tried as you suggested, and also at various speeds by changing the wav file with audacity (making the pauses between commands shorter or longer) but info + factory always shows a "not supported" message. (which it makes me think that the command is kind of working and it's recognized by the tv but is not supported).

Another strange detail, compared to anything else I've read in the forum, is that to access the (basic) service menu from the tv on and in normal mode, I need to send info + info + factory. Standard info + factory doesn't work.

I'm quite confident I can send any command pretty reliably, even factory+3speed works but the service menu is always reloaded in its basic configuration.

Do you think it could be a particular firmware that just doesn't have the extended menu or where it's locked? do you suggest to try an update to the latest one or that could potentially close the door forever to the extended service menu?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

What does make you think SM is "reloaded in its basic configuration"? At first sight there's nothing special, at least not on main page (expect nothing from "Advanced"!!), there are just specific additional options at specific places. So it's likely that you notice no difference if you don't know what you're looking for.
gbon

Post by gbon »

You are right, it actually worked. It was me expecting the locale set to appear in a different menu.
I managed to change model and locale. Thanks a lot. If there is any interest I can post my wave file that for this specific model appears to be working 100% of time.

Thanks again!
gbon

Post by gbon »

I attached the file that works 100% of the time for my H6400. Who knows if someone else can find it useful.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “[H] Support”