tips and tricks to expand functionality via service men?

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.

emiliano

Re: tips and tricks to expand functionality via service men?

Post by emiliano »

thanks zoelechat, i'll try with different laptop.

edit: i've try ir cable extender and it's works fine with set top box(sky italia), but service menu doesn't appear with *.wav fil from mac.
:(

EDIT: solved, using an iMac, instead of macbook air and this file *.wav http://www.filedropper.com/infofactoryok
frankie1985

Post by frankie1985 »

Hello I have a Samsung UE48H6240 for France I would like to put on local_set Euro_Ita. But entering the operator menu (INFO + MENU '+ + POWER MUTE) local set is not just this !!!
I would accerede to the more extended, that allows me to make this change using wave files!
What steps should I do?
What kind of cable should I use?
How should I camblare with mac?
The Macbook is fine for this ?!
Please help me !!!

PS sorry for my english!
frankie1985

Post by frankie1985 »

???
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

frankie1985 wrote:???
Funny that's exactly what I thought when I saw your post...
If you expect Google translate to work more or less properly, try at least to spell your own language correctly :) .
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
pityupoeta

Post by pityupoeta »

Hi!

I have the same problem, I think. I have an UE40H6400 TV. When I open my service menu and go to "options", I can't see the local_set, BOM_MODEL, and SW MODEL options, even after I try factory+3speed method(wav files) with the samsung IR blaster(info+factory not working). The screen goes white for a second and gets back to the service menu, and under "MRT options" there are more unlocked options, but no local_set anywhere. My TV only has France as the TV language and I want to change that, but I can't. Maybe it's because I have the "2602.2" firmware version? Before I found this forum I thought that the firmware upgrade solves this problem, that's why I have this version. Does anybody else have this kind of problem?
frankie1985

Post by frankie1985 »

Also mine is alone for France! I pray you helped us!!!
dickdelt

Post by dickdelt »

I have a UN48H8000AFXZA US country. I want to turn the PVR option on. I can get to the service menu but not to the hidden part. I do not have a service remote controller with the Factory and 3Speed buttons to get to the hidden Menu. I have SmartView 2.0 on a win 8.1 laptop which gives me a remote control function for the TV. I thought that I could change the codes for two of the unused buttons to make them the Factory and 3Speed buttons. I have the codes for these buttons but cannot find the code table that Smartview 2.0 uses on my laptop. Does anyone know where that table is? If this can be done it seem simpler than getting an expensive service controller or a phone with an IR capability.

Thank you for any help anyone can provide.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

dickdelt wrote:I thought that I could change the codes for two of the unused buttons to make them the Factory and 3Speed buttons. I have the codes for these buttons but cannot find the code table that Smartview 2.0 uses on my laptop. Does anyone know where that table is? If this can be done it seem simpler than getting an expensive service controller or a phone with an IR capability.
These keys simply cannot be send through network on your TV model, so you have to consider one of the IR methods, no other alternative.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
frankie1985

Post by frankie1985 »

No one who helps us in September for local Italian with UE48H6240 ???
Help me! In the menu of services, the local set does not appear! Help me!
silver18

Post by silver18 »

Good afternoon to all.
I just bought a 48" H6410 and I would like to enable timeshift and pvr.
I tried accessing the service menu but with no luck: I used the original IR extender cable and it didn't worked.
I can't see any light emitting from the extender while looking at it with a camera.

This is my current setup:
Notebok Asus
IR extender connected to the headset jack
VLC with MENU_from_REMOTE_inv.wav in loop
Full volume

No light from the IR extender.

Any help? Should I try a different IR transmitter?

Just to be double sure: once finded a good transmitter, I just need to press INFO on the remote then send the FACTORY_from_REMOTE_inv.wav?

Thanks a lot!!!

Return to “[H] Support”