tips and tricks to expand functionality via service men?

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.

mbjr

Re: tips and tricks to expand functionality via service men?

Post by mbjr »

Hmmm do you guys know if any of these can be solved on a H6500:

- BT Audio/A2DP: connecting a BT headset would be nice
- Removing channels: this is not possible out of the box for whatever the reason is. I'm using 4 sats, over 1200 channels, and there's a lot of crap to be thrown out.
- Audio delay sync: audio delay for content via STB (HDMI) and apps running (Plex) is different, e.g. having your TV volume up and turning on your home theatre surround sound can get really annoying.
- Spec char issues from EPG feed: characters like ?, ?, ?, ?, etc doesnt seem to show correctly, feels like EPG uses UTF8 while it's shown in Latin1/2.

Oh - posted this in another thread, but it looks like it can be helpful here too. Here's my Samsung UE55H6500 default settings: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s327/sh/ ... afb55dd783 for those looking to upgrade lower models and wondering about these ;-)

Thanks,
mb
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

mbjr wrote: - Removing channels: this is not possible out of the box for whatever the reason is. I'm using 4 sats, over 1200 channels, and there's a lot of crap to be thrown out.
No problem with that without any patches ;)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
mbjr

Post by mbjr »

Tell me :-)
I've talked to Samsung support they claimed it's not possible on this model. I told them that hey, it's in the manual. They confirmed and promised they will update the manual to avoid confusion. :-)
They also mentioned they have a software they will (but didn't) send me that you can use to edit channels. They couldn't confirm however if that works with H series or that you can delete a channel.
After this discussion "politely unhelpful" has a new meaning.

Oh and of course I mean: selectively remove channels :-) not the factory-reset way :>

Thanks,
m3
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

mbjr wrote:Tell me :-)
I've talked to Samsung support they claimed it's not possible on this model. I told them that hey, it's in the manual. They confirmed and promised they will update the manual to avoid confusion. :-)
They also mentioned they have a software they will (but didn't) send me that you can use to edit channels. They couldn't confirm however if that works with H series or that you can delete a channel.
After this discussion "politely unhelpful" has a new meaning.

Oh and of course I mean: selectively remove channels :-) not the factory-reset way :>

Thanks,
m3
There is Samy.... something, something channel editor which works with H channel list. Also Channels editing is available from normal menu. I believe it was:
"satellite dish icon" -> edit channel :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
mbjr

Post by mbjr »

Ok this seems to work, will take a closer look if I can get an import in place: http://www.samsung-blog-news.de/downloads/?did=126
And it deletes woaw :-)

Ps; note that I don't have the option to delete, channel edit on TV is limited to re-ordering and adding to favorites, etc, but no delete.

Thanks,
mb
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

mbjr wrote:Ok this seems to work, will take a closer look if I can get an import in place: http://www.samsung-blog-news.de/downloads/?did=126
And it deletes woaw :-)

Ps; note that I don't have the option to delete, channel edit on TV is limited to re-ordering and adding to favorites, etc, but no delete.

Thanks,
mb
I have almost same TV and i HAVE such option. Maybe you didn't disable OTN Support in service menu ? :)
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

sectroyer wrote:Maybe you didn't disable OTN Support in service menu ? :)
Look at his service menu tree above, OTN support is ON :P
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote:
sectroyer wrote:Maybe you didn't disable OTN Support in service menu ? :)
Look at his service menu tree above, OTN support is ON :P
Well now wonder he has problems ;) It not only proves he didn't disable it. It also means he misses BIG RED SIGNS and doesn't read forum posts carefully ;)
mbjr

Post by mbjr »

It's open until the first Tizen update. Then it's getting turned off. lol
spike

Post by spike »

I have a Samsung UE32H5373 Tv and it seem to be similar to the H5500 is it possible to change the model to H6500, too?
Ich have already chenged the
OTN Support to OFF,
PVRSupport to ON and
Num of PVR RECORD to 1
But this doesn't seem to change anything.

I have checked the available SW Models and the only available ones are: uh4303, uh5203, uh5303, uh6203, uh4203, uh4500, uh4250, uh6103, uh5103 (Mine is uh5303)
Is there any Model I can choose to enable PVR and MHP?
The device has SmartTv (Youtube App and others) but no MHP (in Germany HBBTv)

Return to “[H] Support”