tips and tricks to expand functionality via service men?

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.

Olfason

tips and tricks to expand functionality via service men?

Post by Olfason »

SERVICE MENU' useful tips and tricks for some "Model" or some "Local Set" that have limitations
useful for some "Model" or some "Local Set" you can change but you can't save some improvements values in service men?: Solution is ENTER SERVICE MENU' and change "Model" to a better model with enabled functionality values and downgrade according to your hardware. VALUES ARE SAVED NOW!

TO ENTER SERVICE MENU':
1. turn on tv (normal mode)
2. push the "info button", push the "Factory button"
or
1. turn off tv
2. INFO, MENU, MUTE, POWER, then FACTORY+3SPEED
You can emulate this with infrared smartphone or IR Extender + wav files you can download in this forum (if tv led don't blink when play wavs, audio output is low, try another device)

H6400, ENABLE PVR+MHP+LCN (USEFUL FOR ITALIAN USERS):
ENTER SERVICE MENU' and change "Model" from H6400 to H6500 and "Local Set" to your country
BOM Model = 6400
Model = H6400 ; Local Set = EU => PVR ON ; MHP OFF ;
Model = H6400 ; Local Set = EU_Italy => PVR OFF ; MHP ON ; LCN Italy ;
Model = H6500 ; Local Set = EU_Italy => PVR ON ; MHP ON ; LCN Italy ; Satellite tuner support enabled (but hardware missing)

PVR ON VALUES (after Model change):
MRT Options > PVR Support > ON
MHP ON VALUES (after Model change):
MRT Options > Data Servece Support > ON
MRT Options > JAVA Data Servece Support > ON
in Sub Option > Info Link Country > Italy (optional !?)

H5500, tested solution for ENABLE PVR+MHP+LCN (USEFUL FOR ITALIAN USERS) is:
Change:
ENTER SERVICE MENU' and change "Model" from H5500 to H6500 and "Local Set" to your country
BOM Model = 5500
change mrt options as num admi 4>3, num usb 3>2, BT support off, 3d support off ecc to H5500 values
except the values ??that you want to keep (PVR & MHP for example).

Warning
to the suggestion of "tendy": changes to the model restore all values to default as "OTN Support: ON" in "Option MRT". it is highly recommended to restore to OFF and prevent software updates.

H4000, H4003, H5000, H5003, H5030 ecc are TV versions without quad core processor and with a different software. You can try to enable something via operator but software platform firmware installed on these models hardly allow big things...

post your tests (at your own risk) ;)
Last edited by Olfason on Tue May 12, 2015 11:22 am, edited 18 times in total.
andreaa21

Re: tips and tricks to expand functionality via service men?

Post by andreaa21 »

Hello,
I tried on ue32h5500ay to enable PVR SUPPORT under MRT options but it seems like it doesn't saves changes. I enabled the service option using ir extender and the wav file Factory+3Speed_inv.wav.
After I change "PVR SUPPORT ON", when I switch on my smart tv I have no pvr function enable and if I check the PVR SUPPORT option is again OFF
To save changes do I have simply to switch off my tv?
P.s. the option of number of pvr is already on number 1
This is my test. If someone has some trick for me please me.
(sorry for my english)
Olfason

Post by Olfason »

tested solution for H5500, added in first post!
Last edited by Olfason on Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
horizon80

Post by horizon80 »

Hi, I've the same issues on TV ue40h6240ay. I can access to service menu by emulating factory button on android with IR but after the editing of some values I cannot save them. On tv reboot secret menu return back to default values. Someone can help me?

(sorry for my english, I'm italian :-)
Olfason

Post by Olfason »

@horizon80: you have to 'ENTER SERVICE MENU' and change "Model" from H6240 to H6500 and downgrade value according to your hardware souch as Satellite decoder ...difference between ue40h6500 and your H6240 are minimal .
valessio

Post by valessio »

Any ideas about ue32h5030?
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

Hi, thanks for these useful tips! I want to report my personal experience with my EU40H6400 in Italy:
SpoilerShow
apparently this tv is not meant to be used in Italy, because Italy is not even present in the countries list when you scan to find the channels (tuning). This is not a real problem because if you select "Greece" then you obtain the correct channel list with the Italian correspondence between numbers and channels. The PVR and TimeShift functions were active by default, so I was already happy with my tv as it was out of the box. Anyway when I changed the Local Set from EU to EU_ITALY (without any need, just for curiosity :) ), I immediately lost those functions but I gained the possibility to use the four colored ABCD buttons on the remote control when watching one of the RAI channels (RAI is the main Italian tv network). [Is this function called MHP?]. But I needed the PVR and the TimeShift more, so I reverted the things as they were. Until now that I've found this post, which made me able to benefit all those functions at the same time by changing the model from H6400 to H6500.
Since I had to do some trial/error before everything worked as expected, I've reported below my exact procedure and settings for the benefit of everyone:
SpoilerShow
Turn on the tv and access the extended service menu (the one which involves pressing INFO+FACTORY, not the other one which is shown after pressing INFO, MENU, MUTE and POWER ON. For more information have a look here viewtopic.php?f=75&t=7882&start=10).

Open Option
SW Model: UH6500 (replaced UH6400);
BOM Model: 6500 ( leave this field untouched, it should automatically be changed to 6500 after you change the SW Model);
Local Set: EU_ITALY (replaced EU)

Open MRT Option
OTN Support: OFF (IT'S VERY IMPORTANT FOR THIS ONE TO STAY DISABLED!!!)
Data Service Support: ON
JAVA Data Service Support: ON
PVR SUPPORT: ON [this parameter is already enabled when you set the "SW Model" to UH6500]

Go back to the first page.

Open Control
Open SubOption
Info Link Country: Italy

Switch off the tv, then turn it on again to see if the changes have been applied.
All the values are the ones suggested by Olfason. The step when you check the OTN Support value is an addition of mine, because I found that after messing up with the "Local Set" and the "SW Model" and switching off/on, it was reset to "ON" again and the tv even asked me to install a new available update! :o So I readily disabled OTN Support and checked a few times that the situation was returned safe again. ;)

@horizon80: while I was playing with the different parameters, it happened that some fields were being reverted once the tv was turned off (for example PVR Support), but with the current configuration they remain. I hope it will work for you too :)
Tv model: UE40H6400
Firmware: T-MST14DEUC-2117.5
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

tendi wrote:[Is this function called MHP?]
Yes it seems MHP is still used in Italy, whereas most other countries evolved to supposedly more flexible HbbTV :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

Yes it seems MHP is still used in Italy, whereas most other countries evolved to supposedly more flexible HbbTV :)
Somehow I'm not surprised :)
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

Update: during the last days I've noticed that I'm not able to change the number of the channels anymore. So, for example, if I want to assign the channel which now is n.10 to another number, I can't. This "restriction" must be due to the change of Local Set to the Italian version (damn!). Are you aware of any particular setting that I could change in the Extended Service Menu in order to reactivate this useful function without having to revert all the things as they were before?

Return to “[H] Support”