tips and tricks to expand functionality via service men?

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: tips and tricks to expand functionality via service men?

Post by zoelechat »

I'm afraid whatever are the settings you'll always find new different restrictions :D
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

If that's the case, then I will probably revert all the things as they were before because I find the possibility to customize my channels list more useful than that MHP...
Anyway, this story of the local restrictions is really messed up :(

Thanks for your prompt answer ;)
Tv model: UE40H6400
Firmware: T-MST14DEUC-2117.5
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Now you've set your TV to Italian mode, you have "fixed" Italian numbers, that stands to reason :)
Before, you were in a more "generic" mode that allowed customization because there was no known defined provider.
MHP/HbbTV is a curiosity but is actually unuseful crap (who said Teletext GUI? :D ), moreover damn slowing down the TV (I've disabled it for a long time ;) )
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

Makes sense :)
pgm
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by pgm »

Hi guys,

I've enabled PVR mode on my H6350 but it would be nice to add Bluetooth support. Does anyone know if this model has hardware support for Bluetooth, and if so how to assign an address.

Thanks.
netti01

Post by netti01 »

Hi everybody,

I own a UE55H6203 since a few days, Picture is great but additional features are quite poor. It hass been easy to access the service menu and to activate the settings PVR Support and NUM OF PVRs.
After activation I tried a factory reset and the settings have been saved (even without factory reset). When I am trying to press the "Record" button on my Remote I still get the message: "Function not supported".

So, am I am doing something wrong, did I miss something, or is the PVR feature not available due to missing hardware in the TV?
As this is a German Television (LOCAT SET = "EU_GER") it should also be possible to access features like HbbTV but they also not exist or either not work.

Attached some screenshots from my service menu:

Main Page:
http://www.myimg.de/?img=20141115134327ccc43.jpg

Options:
http://www.myimg.de/?img=201411151343384735b.jpg

MRT Option:
http://www.myimg.de/?img=20141115134354c646c.jpg

Control / SUB OPTION
http://www.myimg.de/?img=2014111513443502acc.jpg

Thanks guys, any help highly appreciated !
Bjoern
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

Hi netti01. Have you tried to set only "EU" as Local Set? On my H6400 it was set by factory and PVR and TimeShift were working already out of the box. Just for curiosity, I tried to change it from "EU" to "EU_ITALY" and then they stopped to work, so that when I pressed their buttons on the remote a message saying "Not available" showed up.

After that, with the suggestion of Olfason, I found out that I still could have them working with the "Italian" local set by simply changing my tv model from H6400 to H6500, which apparently is a model regularly sold in the Italian market, while mine must be not, hence the limitation.

Try to do this test and let us know the result. Whatever the case, there are people a lot more competent than me on this forum who hopefully will be happy to give you a hand ;)
Last edited by tendi on Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
netti01

Post by netti01 »

Hi tendi, thanks for the tipp.. Apparently I took a look at the available SW_Models:

UH4303
UH5203
UH5303
UH6203
UH4203
UH4500
UH4250
UH6103
UH5103

I will give the "EU" setting a try and post the result later !

Thx
Bjoern
netti01

Post by netti01 »

Changin LOCAL to EU brought no result. Do I have to make a Factory Reset afterwards?
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

Sorry to hear that, but wait for other answers. And no, I don't think a factory reset is required, simply revert the Local Set to the previous one.

Apart from that, in the meantime I suggest you to turn off "OTN Support" under "MRT Option". By doing so, you disable the automatic updates and gain some hope to be able to expand the possibilities of your tv when an hack for H-series devices will be discovered. If you continue updating your firmware, instead, your tv will prevent any future hacking!

Return to “[H] Support”