Watching USB recordings on PC

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.

Lordbyte
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Watching USB recordings on PC

Post by Lordbyte »

Its easy to test the filter .. Go to the support-menu and try to upgrade :-)

(notice, this test assumes you did NOT disable OTN_Updates from service-menu and so on ..)

If you are offered an upgrade the filter does NOT work .. (do NOT accept the upgrade)
If the menu is grayed out entirely, filter is working.
if menu is enabled, but update-scans takes forever and forever (never finishes), filter is working.
If you are informed that there is no available upgrade, you have got newest firmware .. and your filter failed :-)
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

Ok, if I enable the OTN Support the update menu remains grayed out like when it is disabled. So I think the filter is working :) (Of course now I've disabled it again! :mrgreen: )

Since I had to access the extended service menu, I thought to take note of the first two lines of text which I think should indicate my current firmware; they are: T-MST14DEUC-2117.5 and T-MST14DEUS-1008. What do you think about them?
Tv model: UE40H6400
Firmware: T-MST14DEUC-2117.5
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

tendi wrote:Ok, if I enable the OTN Support the update menu remains grayed out like when it is disabled. So I think the filter is working :) (Of course now I've disabled it again! :mrgreen: )

Since I had to access the extended service menu, I thought to take note of the first two lines of text which I think should indicate my current firmware; they are: T-MST14DEUC-2117.5 and T-MST14DEUS-1008. What do you think about them?
Well from what I can see I can tell that you probably updated your firmware to "latest possible" version BEFORE disabling OTN Support :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

I don't think it's the latest one because a few days ago, when I changed my Local Set, the OTN Support somehow automatically enabled itself again and I noticed that when I restarted the tv, because a message showed that a new update was available. Of course I didn't update and promptly disabled OTN Support again. It was a matter of 10-15 seconds and my connection isn't that fast, so I assume that at least I don't have the very latest firmware. But probably this doesn't make a lot of difference at this point :(

You know what? I will wait for some hack to be available for H-series devices and then I will try to see if it will work with mine. I've disabled OTN Support a month after buying my tv and now, that I've even set up those ip filters, I don't think I can do anything more.

Anyway thank you guys for all the precious suggestions that you've given me. At least now I can enjoy the pleasures of MHP ahaha :lol:
Lordbyte

Post by Lordbyte »

IP-filters in router does NOT seem to stop H-series from updating.
I suspect H-series use other update-servers (ip-numbers).

Filter IS however effective on F-series

You have been warned !
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

IP-filters in router does NOT seem to stop H-series from updating.
Then it was all wasted effort? Cool! :D
Lordbyte

Post by Lordbyte »

Sorry dude, - this is a learning process for all of us ..
I found out the hard way too .. :twisted:

We need to figure out the IP-numbers to filter for H-series. Obviously not the same as for F-series.
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

Those Korean little devils! :twisted: :lol:
Stewox

Post by Stewox »

zoelechat wrote:I wonder if it couldn't be interesting to block this thing as well: http://vd-emp-prd.s3.amazonaws.com/
Seems to be the only remaining site visited on startup as soon as I block every OTN/ads domains including 3 IPs above (except samsung.com which check available internet connection)
It really looks like versions/update.xml :)
I know I'm a bit off-topic but still looking to avoid recurrent smarthub updates on E :D
Can you please be more specific ? Thanks
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Stewox wrote:Can you please be more specific ? Thanks
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=5859&p=52032#p52032
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

Return to “[H] Support”