Samba on H?

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Samba on H?

Post by juusso »

you can use extended search for samba mounts. I`m sure you will find your answers: http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pu ... gsc.page=1

Principles are same for all series.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
dusf
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by dusf »

juuso wrote:you can use extended search for samba mounts. I`m sure you will find your answers: http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pu ... gsc.page=1

Principles are same for all series.
Thanks for that juuso. I had already displayed similar results using Google 'site:samygo.tv' but I could not find a guide explicitly for H series and I had thought I would need to.

I am going to follow Mounting an wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Mounting_an_C ... ypass_DLNA but I can see other who reference that guide being told they should have skipped part of it, and would have to restart and try again, moreover they were using a different series and rooting method so I am not sure how much of that applies to me.

Considering my TV is a UEH32F5500 and I rooted using the skype Root H Series TV guide described here: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=8469, before I start following the SAMBA share guide I linked, is there any of it I should skip?
UE32H5500 - firmware: 2130
UE32J
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Tv inside is plain linux. You can use any linux related tutorial to get your goals. Here is no H series howto yet, but as the procedure is almost same from series to series, making such howto is obsolete. For the beginning i suggest you to check the samba.init script, fill up your credentials there and check if you get success. Maybe you do not need anything extra. (update of samyext4.img to latest version is necessary,btw)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
dusf
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by dusf »

juuso wrote:Tv inside is plain linux. You can use any linux related tutorial to get your goals. Here is no H series howto yet, but as the procedure is almost same from series to series, making such howto is obsolete. For the beginning i suggest you to check the samba.init script, fill up your credentials there and check if you get success. Maybe you do not need anything extra. (update of samyext4.img to latest version is necessary,btw)
Okay but I have searched with ctrl+f the link I posted for the guide on mounting samba shares and it does not mention samba.init. If I edit your search to also include samba.init there are 450 results so I am still lost. Searching for samyext4.img is a similar story.

Please advise what I need to do to find samba.init and samyext4.img or better yet where I can read exactly what I need to do.

Surely there must be a guide for absolute SamyGO noobs who managed to root with Skype but would like to setup Samba! :shock:
UE32J
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

dusf wrote: Surely there must be a guide for absolute SamyGO noobs who managed to root with Skype but would like to setup Samba! :shock:
If your samba is NOT protected by password it should mount automatically :) You have MST, right ? :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
dusf
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by dusf »

sectroyer wrote:
dusf wrote: Surely there must be a guide for absolute SamyGO noobs who managed to root with Skype but would like to setup Samba! :shock:
If your samba is NOT protected by password it should mount automatically :) You have MST, right ? :)
Thanks for the reply.

It is not password protected. I just hacked my router to install firmware that would allow samba work and I am now able to mount it in Ubuntu's file browser and I can browse files in Firefox with smb://192.168.1.1/usb/Media/

MST, is that Microsoft something? I think the Zyxel router firmware is linux. If relevant it only supports FAT32, which is what my connected drive is formatted to, although I would like a solution that supports ext3/ext4 but that will probably have to wait until I buy a new router.

If it mounts automatically, how do I actually access it from the TV, do I need to install something like Virtual USB? I found an article on different SamyGo apps like virtual USB on the wiki once but I have not been able to find it again.
UE32J
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

dusf wrote:Surely there must be a guide for absolute SamyGO noobs who managed to root with Skype but would like to setup Samba! :shock:
So obvious there's not.
FTP to TV, retrieve /mnt/etc/init.d/04_04_samba.init
Edit file (use Notepad++, not Windows Notepad!!!), set:

Code: Select all

USER="Guest"    #Speaks by itself...
PASSWD=""       #...as well

SERVER=""       #if you want a fixed server, empty value will look for all servers in network
SHARES=""       #if you want specific share(s), empty value will look for all shares on server(s)
Overwrite edited file to TV, reboot, done :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
dusf
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by dusf »

zoelechat wrote:
dusf wrote:Surely there must be a guide for absolute SamyGO noobs who managed to root with Skype but would like to setup Samba! :shock:
So obvious there's not.
FTP to TV, retrieve /mnt/etc/init.d/04_04_samba.init
Edit file (use Notepad++, not Windows Notepad!!!), set:

Code: Select all

USER="Guest"    #Speaks by itself...
PASSWD=""       #...as well

SERVER=""       #if you want a fixed server, empty value will look for all servers in network
SHARES=""       #if you want specific share(s), empty value will look for all shares on server(s)
Overwrite edited file to TV, reboot, done :)
Brilliant thanks. So, considering the share is set to Public and I am happy for the TV to look for all severs on the network, can I skip downloading the file and re-uploading it?

And where if I have nothing to do, where exactly do I access the share? I have not been able to find it yet.
UE32J
dusf
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by dusf »

Got it! THANK YOU ALL! :) :) :)
UE32J
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

:)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

Return to “[H] Support”