Rooting LATEST H firmware [discuss]

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.
Post Reply

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer
Posts: 5712
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Rooting LATEST H firmware [discuss]

Post by sectroyer » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:28 pm

On newest firmwares Samsung blocked the ability to disable OTN Support in Service Menu. Until someone finds a way to "disable OTN Support" on this new firmware versions I will NOT release root for newest firmwares. Why? Well because it takes time to develop new rooting techniques and what is the point in releasing root that Samsung will stop within few days(/hours?). So stop asking about release of new rooting. If you want to make it happen find a way to block unwanted firmware updates :) Until then nothing new from me :) Good luck :)

P.S. If your OTN Support is greyed out please disable Automatic Updates in Normal Menu and report if you are still getting ANY updates.
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/ Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

TOMillr
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:51 am

Re: [!!!] Rooting LATEST H firmware

Post by TOMillr » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:49 pm

Well, at least in version 2710 the OTN Support option is still accessible on my device. With with version did Samsung introduce this change?

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer
Posts: 5712
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Re: [!!!] Rooting LATEST H firmware

Post by sectroyer » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:51 pm

TOMillr wrote:Well, at least in version 2710 the OTN Support option is still accessible on my device. With with version did Samsung introduce this change?
It depends on firmware T-MST, T-GFS, T-GFP or T-NT. I don't keep track of it :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/ Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

TOMillr
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:51 am

Re: [!!!] Rooting LATEST H firmware

Post by TOMillr » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:59 pm

I'm using an H6270, so it should be the T-MST version right?

Wouldn't it be possible to make root available for at least up to the version which still have the OTN Support option?

Btw, I'm not at home right now, but I thing I remember that the option to disable OTN Support wasn't in the same menu it used to be. Couldn't it just be that Samsung simply moved the option to a different place?

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer
Posts: 5712
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Re: [!!!] Rooting LATEST H firmware

Post by sectroyer » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:30 pm

TOMillr wrote:I'm using an H6270, so it should be the T-MST version right?
Yes
TOMillr wrote: Wouldn't it be possible to make root available for at least up to the version which still have the OTN Support option?
No because users with OTN greyed out will have no chance of using it EVER and will loose chance for root!!!!
TOMillr wrote: Btw, I'm not at home right now, but I thing I remember that the option to disable OTN Support wasn't in the same menu it used to be. Couldn't it just be that Samsung simply moved the option to a different place?
According to testers no :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/ Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

TOMillr
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 185
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:51 am

Re: [!!!] Rooting LATEST H firmware

Post by TOMillr » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:10 pm

sectroyer wrote: No because users with OTN greyed out will have no chance of using it EVER and will loose chance for root!!!!
I'm sorry, but I don't seem to understand this point. What's the difference compared to the current situation?

Root only works up to version 2310. Anyone with a newer version won't be able to root their system either.

Let's say Samsung made the change to grey out the OTN option after version 2710. How would a newer root which works up to version 2710 impact users with a newer firmware, who are not able to disable OTN in the service menu?

Such a newer root would at least make root available to more users with a tv that maybe shipped with a firmware somewhere between 2310 and 2710.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer
Posts: 5712
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Re: [!!!] Rooting LATEST H firmware

Post by sectroyer » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:22 pm

TOMillr wrote: Root only works up to version 2310. Anyone with a newer version won't be able to root their system either.
New root will work on "any" version :)
TOMillr wrote: Let's say Samsung made the change to grey out the OTN option after version 2710. How would a newer root which works up to version 2710 impact users with a newer firmware, who are not able to disable OTN in the service menu?
If they are "fast enough" they would get root for few days/(hours?) if not they will simply loose ANY chance for root :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/ Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

FilipeAmadeuO
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:05 pm

Re: [!!!] Rooting LATEST H firmware

Post by FilipeAmadeuO » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:49 am

@sectroyer
I have a T-MST with the lastest version 2740 and i and still able to disable OTN.
It could be interessing to know in which models/firmware versions the disable OTN is no longer acessible.
Even so there are a lot of people waiting for root on new versions. People know that they update the firmware it will not be able to root, but for now it?s the same.
Can you please reconsider and post a rooting method for the newest versions ? I have already rooted a F5500 with the latest firmware version but i am waiting for a H6200...
Many thanks

noxinu
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:30 pm
Location: Cuxhaven

Re: [!!!] Rooting LATEST H firmware

Post by noxinu » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:35 pm

I still have the possibility to deactivate the OTN function with firmware 2710.3 and as a second solution I would block their update servers at my firewall or modify the DNS records to point to a different ip... just on itself by using loopback / 127.0.0.1 or something.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer
Posts: 5712
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Re: [!!!] Rooting LATEST H firmware

Post by sectroyer » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:28 pm

FilipeAmadeuO wrote:@sectroyer
I have a T-MST with the lastest version 2740 and i and still able to disable OTN.
It could be interessing to know in which models/firmware versions the disable OTN is no longer acessible.
It's up to "you" (users) to document this stuff. I am waiting for your feedback and solutions :)
FilipeAmadeuO wrote: Even so there are a lot of people waiting for root on new versions. People know that they update the firmware it will not be able to root, but for now it?s the same.
Some people know but simply can't disable it :) Until it's solved no go :)
FilipeAmadeuO wrote: Can you please reconsider and post a rooting method for the newest versions ?
You think I created this thread and explained everything just for you to "kindly" ask and I would say yes :P
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/ Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

Post Reply

Return to “[H] Support”