Rooting LATEST H firmware [discuss]

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.

mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 10:42 am

Re: Rooting LATEST H firmware [discuss]

Post by mad_ady » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:32 am

Most routers use dnsmasq for dns and dhcp. You can use the server directive to force it to query a non-existent server for those domains:

Code: Select all

server=/msecnd.net/10.0.0.10
server=/samsungotn.net/10.0.0.10
server=/samsungcloudsolution.net/10.0.0.10
And 10.0.0.10 is an unreachable ip. All queries to those domains and subdomains will fail.

If you can't configure your router but have an always on linux system in your network you can install dnsmasq on it and set it as the dns server of your tv.
Anyway, before hooking up the tv to the internet use dig or nslookup to test the dns response
H6400, firmware 2602.2 downgraded to 2130

M11
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 280
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:00 pm

Re: Rooting LATEST H firmware [discuss]

Post by M11 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:04 am

sectroyer wrote:
M11 wrote: I'm not always blocking updates because I prefer best possible picture quality over playing with my TVs internals. sectroyer here seems to think that all people that don't block updates are stupid, so I guess I'm stupid ;-)
Best possible picture quality is with LOWEST firmware possible. NEVER, EVER update :)
That's not true in most cases. Only Samsung TV that i have owned, that had good picture out of the box, was 51E8000 plasma. Unfortunately Samsung does not make these anymore. Both my 65F9000 and 78HU8500 had terrible picture with initial firmware. People have tested this with test equipment and the results change with every firmware update. Unfortunately not always to better, but mostly it gets better.
Updates also fix app problems and general playback of media.
Some updates also brick TVs. So there is no way to say that updates don't change anything except make rooting harder.

If you have a small screen you may not notice picture improvement's. And if you never use streaming apps, then that's fine. I'm not calling you stubid for that.
F9000 + SEK-3500U

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer
Posts: 5765
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Re: Rooting LATEST H firmware [discuss]

Post by sectroyer » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:29 am

M11 wrote: That's not true in most cases. Only Samsung TV that i have owned, that had good picture out of the box, was 51E8000 plasma. Unfortunately Samsung does not make these anymore. Both my 65F9000 and 78HU8500 had terrible picture with initial firmware. People have tested this with test equipment and the results change with every firmware update. Unfortunately not always to better, but mostly it gets better.
That IS true in MOST CASES :P If you want to risk loosing good picture quality it's your choice but NO GOING BACK :P Also do you know that above around 45" you should watch TV from AT LEAST 3-4 meters ? :P
M11 wrote: Updates also fix app problems and general playback of media.
Many updates broke playback since they removed some codecs:P
M11 wrote: Some updates also brick TVs. So there is no way to say that updates don't change anything except make rooting harder.
There is !!! NEVER UPDATE!!!!:P
M11 wrote:If you have a small screen you may not notice picture improvement's.
If you sit to close to TV you won't notice a difference :P
M11 wrote:And if you never use streaming apps, then that's fine.
If you want to use "up-to-date shitty apps" then there is NO POINT in rooting AT ALL :P
M11 wrote:I'm not calling you stubid for that.
I know you are not calling me stubid for NOT updating but I am calling everybody who thinks updates are "good" stupid :) :lol:
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/ Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

User avatar
notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 399
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:31 pm
Location: Slovakia

Re: Rooting LATEST H firmware [discuss]

Post by notengo13 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:16 pm

horatyu wrote:after root:

HOW TO OSCAM

1: unpack it and upload the oscam folder to /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/bin.
2:Copy only the libOscamX_buildXXX.so file containing the letter of your tv series to the newly created /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/bin/oscam folder.
3:To enable the autorun, copy 05_05_Oscam.init to /mnt/etc/init.d/.
4:Download samyGOso_v1.2.5.zip from here and unzip it.
Then copy the file samyGOso from the unzipped folder \samyGOso\out-\ to the tv?s folder /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/bin/.
Make sure you replace the existing one.
5:Add executable attribute with Putty !!!
CODE:
chmod 755 /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/bin/samyGOso
chmod 755 /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/bin/oscam/oscam-svn10666-samsungtv-webif
chmod 755 /mnt/etc/init.d/05_05_Oscam.init

6:Reboot the tv, wait for about 30 seconds and then use your web browser to connect to oscam
(http://<ip address of tv>:8888) and setup your servers.
Hi.
I have a same firmware 2781.0 on tv but for me doesn't work oscam. its start I can change settings using web browser, but when I change the channel tv get FREEZE, only unlug & plug helps. I only have a this files and one app libAlert installed on root TV. how can I get some log to see what I am doing wrong. get freeze and I am unable to connect via ftp or telnet. After reboot all logs are the same. Anybody has an idea what can I try to get it working.
Thanks
UE48H6640 T-MST14DEUC 2781.0 root latestH --> 2130.0 skypeRoot-->0000-->2115.3 "Skype refueled" Root

User avatar
dar3k
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:37 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Rooting LATEST H firmware [discuss]

Post by dar3k » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:35 pm

You should downgrade the FW viewtopic.php?f=70&t=9497 because oscam working OK only with old FW, the best is back to 2130.0 for H because it is the last FW with Skype root (Skype root is faster then WiFi) - In my TV oscam started after 45s.(I tried WiFi root and I had oscam after 105s.)
I'm sorry for my English it is not my native language.
48H6500 (T-MST14DEUC_2606 -> 2130)
22H5610 (T-MST14DEUC_1106.1)
Both rooted by mihd method :)
55HU8590 -> rooted by network, did someone root it by Skype ?

User avatar
notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 399
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:31 pm
Location: Slovakia

Re: Rooting LATEST H firmware [discuss]

Post by notengo13 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:39 pm

dar3k wrote:You should downgrade the FW viewtopic.php?f=70&t=9497 because oscam working OK only with old FW, the best is back to 2130.0 for H because it is the last FW with Skype root (Skype root is faster then WiFi) - In my TV oscam started after 45s.(I tried WiFi root and I had oscam after 105s.)
downgrade is the last option which I will use. prefer to stay on current firmware and try it to get work. thanks
UE48H6640 T-MST14DEUC 2781.0 root latestH --> 2130.0 skypeRoot-->0000-->2115.3 "Skype refueled" Root

horatyu
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:55 pm

Re: Rooting LATEST H firmware [discuss]

Post by horatyu » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:34 pm

notengo13 wrote:
Hi.
I have a same firmware 2781.0 on tv but for me doesn't work oscam. its start I can change settings using web browser, but when I change the channel tv get FREEZE, only unlug & plug helps. I only have a this files and one app libAlert installed on root TV. how can I get some log to see what I am doing wrong. get freeze and I am unable to connect via ftp or telnet. After reboot all logs are the same. Anybody has an idea what can I try to get it working.
Thanks
Work ok , maybe you not have libOscam for your tv

libOscamH_build128.so this is name and work ok oscam on T-MST14DEUC-2781.0 (dvb-c and dvb-s or dvb-s2 channels) start after 120s but not crash, work very well after

login putty port 22 user: root and password is SamyGO

User avatar
notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 399
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:31 pm
Location: Slovakia

Re: Rooting LATEST H firmware [discuss]

Post by notengo13 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:01 pm

Thanks. I have already this lib. With the same results. Tv Crash when changing channel. Crash too fast is impossible to get any log.
UE48H6640 T-MST14DEUC 2781.0 root latestH --> 2130.0 skypeRoot-->0000-->2115.3 "Skype refueled" Root

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer
Posts: 5765
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Re: Rooting LATEST H firmware [discuss]

Post by sectroyer » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:56 pm

notengo13 wrote:Thanks. I have already this lib. With the same results. Tv Crash when changing channel. Crash too fast is impossible to get any log.

Code: Select all

ln -s /dtv/libOscamH.log /mtd_rwarea/REBOOT_LOG_WORKING.log
:)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/ Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

User avatar
notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 399
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:31 pm
Location: Slovakia

Re: Rooting LATEST H firmware [discuss]

Post by notengo13 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:24 pm

sectroyer wrote:
notengo13 wrote:Thanks. I have already this lib. With the same results. Tv Crash when changing channel. Crash too fast is impossible to get any log.

Code: Select all

ln -s /dtv/libOscamH.log /mtd_rwarea/REBOOT_LOG_WORKING.log
:)
thanks.
I will keep it maybe later I will need it. for now i have downgraded from 2781.0 to 2130 after loose my figtht this morning with dumbTV. now reading about skype root method
UE48H6640 T-MST14DEUC 2781.0 root latestH --> 2130.0 skypeRoot-->0000-->2115.3 "Skype refueled" Root

Post Reply

Return to “[H] Support”