I think my TV is broken

Here for general support for H series TVs, request and problem solve area.

roflcopter21
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:12 am

Re: I think my TV is broken

Post by roflcopter21 »

sectroyer wrote:Exactly you didn't disable all the scripts. Also faith in "magical" factory reset instead of figuiring out why TV was crashing is the culprit :)
Good to know - little bit too late now :lol:
I was thinking factory reset would clean up the filesystem like on android.

Is there anywhere a small tutorial how to unroot the TV and a list of files which have to be deleted?

zoelechat
Official SamyGO Developer
Posts: 8424
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:32 pm
Location: France

Re: I think my TV is broken

Post by zoelechat »

roflcopter21 wrote:Is there anywhere a small tutorial how to unroot the TV and a list of files which have to be deleted?
Just added at the end of new root 1st post :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

roflcopter21
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:12 am

Re: I think my TV is broken

Post by roflcopter21 »

zoelechat wrote:
roflcopter21 wrote:Is there anywhere a small tutorial how to unroot the TV and a list of files which have to be deleted?
Just added at the end of new root 1st post :)
I would also add an attention - so people (like me) don't reset their TV's and brick it.

zoelechat
Official SamyGO Developer
Posts: 8424
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:32 pm
Location: France

Re: I think my TV is broken

Post by zoelechat »

roflcopter21 wrote:I would also add an attention - so people (like me) don't reset their TV's and brick it.
Yeah, done too (prior warnings), thanks for sharing your experience, that's how we progress ;)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

roflcopter21
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:12 am

Re: I think my TV is broken

Post by roflcopter21 »

zoelechat wrote:
roflcopter21 wrote:I would also add an attention - so people (like me) don't reset their TV's and brick it.
Yeah, done too (prior warnings), thanks for sharing your experience, that's how we progress ;)
I know... No risk - no fun :lol:

id001
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:33 am

Re: I think my TV is broken

Post by id001 »

Looks like I was lucky. I downgraded from 2740 to 2130 on my 55H7000. I did the factory reset from the service menu because it was very laggy. I didn't remove the root usb, though. Only after reset to skype-root it again.

zoelechat
Official SamyGO Developer
Posts: 8424
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:32 pm
Location: France

Re: I think my TV is broken

Post by zoelechat »

id001 wrote:Looks like I was lucky. I downgraded from 2740 to 2130 on my 55H7000. I did the factory reset from the service menu because it was very laggy. I didn't remove the root usb, though. Only after reset to skype-root it again.
Well, we lack volunteers to be sure factory reset reliably brick TV, so better warn than cure ;)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

steef84
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:53 am
Location: Holland

Re: RE: Re: I think my TV is broken

Post by steef84 »

zoelechat wrote:Well, we lack volunteers to be sure factory reset reliably brick TV, so better warn than cure ;)
I also did the same on UE40H6640. Downgraded to 2130. Then factory reset because lag and failing skype root.
UE32F4510 T-MST12DEUC-1118.4 using donor root downgraded to 1112.2 ;) + oscam
UE40D5700 T-MST5DEUC-1025.0 using public root RIP
UE40H6240 T-MST14DEUC 2130 using donor root + oscam
UE55J6240 T-HKMFDEUC-1470.3 no root

roflcopter21
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:12 am

Re: I think my TV is broken

Post by roflcopter21 »

Got update in my case... The technican was here and replaced the mainborad, TV now works again :mrgreen:
We told him that it freezed few times and we did a factory reset, since then it's looping...

setti
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:32 am

Re: I think my TV is broken

Post by setti »

nice story, haha.

Post Reply

Return to “[H] Support”