Call for H testers

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Call for H testers

Post by sectroyer » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:02 am

This time has come :) We are starting alpha stage H Network Root Enabler tests. Root enabler will work should work on all H but looks only T-NT14 don't have 0000 to downgrade, so they are especially welcomed. Simply if this app works for you, you will have root using network root. Requirements are following:
  • rooting/linux experience
  • Updates blocked on router (and confirmed working :D)
  • "European" timezone
  • Skype (WebSkype NOT enough :lol: ) contact
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/ Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

ZGod

Re: Call for H testers

Post by ZGod » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:50 pm

This is only interesting if your TV hasn't been rooted yet I guess? Sounds good though, good luck with the tests, always good to have more methods around!!

bloodynoob
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by bloodynoob » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:32 pm

Might be interested I am using "Skype replacement" from mihd currently and I share sectroyer's view on "Not running from USB is bad". Some month ago the EMMC of my good'ol OdroidU3 broke on an apt upgrade (or was it during a make, do not remember exactly) after running 3y 24/7...

I currently run 1420 (I can downgrade using 0000 Firmware) on my H6600 and this is the stuff I must have working:
Wired Network connection
Mediaplayer with access to my DLNA Server (minidlnad)
Netflix Widget

sectroyer

Post by sectroyer » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:42 pm

Thanks for offer but I am looking for someone with more recent firmware :) No point playing with down/upgrade when no needed there WERE bricks already because of that :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/ Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!

bloodynoob
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by bloodynoob » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:54 am

You are welcome if you need a tester on T-GFS at some point in the future drop me a line.

sectroyer

Post by sectroyer » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:39 am

bloodynoob wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:54 am
You are welcome if you need a tester on T-GFS at some point in the future drop me a line.
TV model and fw version :)

bloodynoob
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by bloodynoob » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:28 pm

UE40H6600SVXZG on T-GFSDEUC_1420.0 (not installed through auto update (blocked on router and in pi-hole which is my "dhcpd"), wanted to check if I can downgrade from there using 0000 and I can)

Firmwares I have available:
  • T-GFSDEUC_1142.0.exe
    T-GFSDEUC_1210.5.exe
    T-GFSDEUC_1230.4.exe
    T-GFSDEUC_1290.2.exe
    T-GFSDEUC_1300.2.exe
    T-GFSDEUC_1321.0.exe
    T-GFSDEUC_1330.3.exe
    T-GFSDEUC_1340.1.exe
    T-GFSDEUC_1351.3.exe
    T-GFSDEUC_1360.1.exe
    T-GFSDEUC_1420.0.exe