A general howto for understanding and configuring Home Assistant is over here: https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?t=27321
The changes needed to HomeAssistant to control your TV are stored in this github repository: https://github.com/mad-ady/home-assista ... omizations
1. Make sure you've installed the web api and its dependencies on the TV
2. Install Home Assistant on your computer/RPI/Odroid/device and go through the standard configuration
3. Copy the jsonrest sensor to your custom components folder:
Code: Select all
mkdir -p ~homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/sensor/ wget -O ~homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/sensor/jsonrest.py https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mad-ady/home-assistant-customizations/master/custom_components/sensor/jsonrest.py
4. Configure your Home Assistant by adding several sensors and a web cam.
Example configuration: https://github.com/mad-ady/home-assista ... o-api.yaml
Example URLs: https://github.com/mad-ady/home-assista ... ecret.yaml
5. Restart homeassistant or reload the configuration
Home Assistant Web UI:
Home Assistant History (view state changes):
Youtube demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC7yUe_AJw4
Tested on a H6400. Older models might need some tweaking with regard to the screenshot functionality. Patches and ideas welcome! TV is surprisingly stable despite repeated injections - good job SamyGO team!