Controlling a SamyGO TV through Home Assistant

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

dmn33

Re: Controlling a SamyGO TV through Home Assistant

Post by dmn33 »

Awesome project, rooted my tv for this reason! Is it possible to set the tv to a specific volume as well? I saw that libLogChannel provides the current volume, but of course there is no "set volume to x" key on the remote...
mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mad_ady »

Hmm... Not sure if you can supply a volume with the libs I'm using, but you can call Volume + and Volume - as many times as you need. The best way though might be to control the volume through DLNA (since the TV is a DLNA receiver).
H6400, firmware 2602.2 downgraded to 2130
teprrr
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by teprrr »

@mad_ady, hi there. As I'm using mostly a soundbar to connect my devices, I'm not controlling my telly with samygo at all. Regarding to those changes you suggested, please feel free to take the code and create another repository if you want to maintain it :-) I must say that I don't think there's a chance to get this included into the official releases considering how many hurdles one has to go through for it, though.
mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mad_ady »

My spare time is non-existent, unfortunately. I can barely maintain my own code, sorry :(
H6400, firmware 2602.2 downgraded to 2130
teprrr
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by teprrr »

No worries, I'll leave the link still up as a reference, who knows if someone wants to have it :-)

Return to “[H] Brainstorm”