Playing with binaries from TV on Ubuntu ARM

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

ZGod

Playing with binaries from TV on Ubuntu ARM

Post by ZGod »

I recently obtained a Asus Tinker Board and installed Armbian Bionic on it. I thought it might be interesting to see what would happen if I would copy the binaries off the TV and see if they run.

I manually copied part of the directory structure off the TV with scp and ran the binaries with commands like:

Code: Select all

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=Java/lib/:Comp_LIB/:../lib/libs:../lib/:InfoLink/lib/:Runtime/lib/:Runtime/XorgLibs/ ../lib/ld-linux.so.3 ./exeAPP
Many of them seem to rely on something called Trust Zone which is supplied by the tzdrv kernel module. It appears this is some ARM CPU security feature.

Code: Select all

$ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=Java/lib/:Comp_LIB/:../lib/libs:../lib/:InfoLink/lib/:Runtime/lib/:Runtime/XorgLibs/ ../lib/ld-linux.so.3 ./exeAPP 
[TZAPI][ERR]Error!, timeout for insmod tzdrv.ko
[TZAPI][ERR][/home/zhouxin/TZSF_NewP4Server_Linux/SDAL/Product2014/TrustZone/TZSF_X14H_DEU_RCA_Prj/INT/Platform/X14H/Build/../../../Source/NWD/TZAPI//src/TZClientAPI.c][TZAPI_TZLIB_Init]133 

## Core Software Platform (TM) 4.0 : DTP-CSP-4514-0A (RELEASE)
	## Process Name : ./exeAPP  	##  PID  : 6751 
	## MULTI_PROCESS	## (_USE_SYSTEM_TIME_ : N)(__CSP_GLIBC__)
		 Copyright (C) SAMSUNG Electronics Co.,Ltd.

CSP No sched_yield()
	>>[ProductInfo::Create][ProductInfo::Create] Main UI Start
	>>[ProductInfo::m_ReadProductInfoFromFile][ERROR] [ProductInfo::m_ReadProductInfoFromFile] Create false
	>>[ProductInfo::Create][ProductInfo::Create] Read fail retry Cnt, there is no PrdInfo files :1
	>>[ProductInfo::m_ReadProductInfoFromFile][ERROR] [ProductInfo::m_ReadProductInfoFromFile] Create false
	>>[ProductInfo::Create][ProductInfo::Create] Read fail retry Cnt, there is no PrdInfo files :2
	>>[ProductInfo::Create][ProductInfo::Create] Read fail retry Cnt, there is no PrdInfo files :3
	>>[ProductInfo::Create][ProductInfo::Create] Read fail retry Cnt, there is no PrdInfo files :4
Did anybody else play around with the software off the TV? Would it make sense to dd the whole /dev/mmcblk0 off the TV over SSH or would it be hard to mount the filesystem directly?

A separate idea:
Maybe it would be possible to create a USB flash disk (or image similar to SamyGO's ext4 image) with an vdfs filesystem which contains the structure below some /mtd_* directory and mount it on top of the corresponding /mtd_* directory. This would allow running with a significantly modified tree on the TV itself. I imagine someone here tried things like this already as well.

Return to “[H] Brainstorm”