Proposal of a periodic bullettin about the state of th works

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Proposal of a periodic bullettin about the state of th works

Post by tendi »

Can we have, in the H-series section of the forum, an official bullettin about the state of the works for such series? At least occasionally? Like once every month? I mean some news released directly by the developers/coders who are currently working on it, instead of the sparse informations diffused (leaked? :)) here and there between the threads by the moderators and the other users. Something where it's reported which things have already been done (trials, errors, failures, discoveries) and what will be the next steps, or even if the research is stuck. I don't think this would be such a time consuming activity, while I think it would be very appreciated by many people, especially by the donors. Would you think about it? ;)
Tv model: UE40H6400
Firmware: T-MST14DEUC-2117.5
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Proposal of a periodic bullettin about the state of th w

Post by zoelechat »

Surely Samsung would appreciate such leaks to be able to close the doors as soon as they're half-opened.

Ok, let's do it...
-November bulletin: Work in progress, hopefully more progress next month :D

Know for example that E series users waited more than one year to have SamyGO available in released state, so we're still largely within a conceivable timescale. Such reports won't accelerate the things, just be patient. :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

tendi wrote:Can we have, in the H-series section of the forum, an official bullettin about the state of the works for such series? At least occasionally? Like once every month? I mean some news released directly by the developers/coders who are currently working on it, instead of the sparse informations diffused (leaked? :)) here and there between the threads by the moderators and the other users. Something where it's reported which things have already been done (trials, errors, failures, discoveries) and what will be the next steps, or even if the research is stuck. I don't think this would be such a time consuming activity, while I think it would be very appreciated by many people, especially by the donors. Would you think about it? ;)
I already released information about OTN Support... You didn't disable it ? It is crucial to disable OTN Support.
Current status:
* everything done.
* absolutely not "user friendly"
* using current technics by normal user WOULD result in a brick :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
Lordbyte
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by Lordbyte »

From a usually realiable source I am told that tools for H-series may become available around Christmas.
Everybody with interest in H-series root and decoder tools should already now make sure they have donor-status, to be able to access said tools once they do become available.
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
behemot
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by behemot »

sectroyer wrote: * everything done.
* absolutely not "user friendly"
Thanks for the good news! Knowing this, it will be much easier to be patient :roll: :D
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

Thanks for the good news! Knowing this, it will be much easier to be patient :roll: :D
@zoelechat: now, man, please don't ruin the good vibe! :lol:

Thank you all for the "disclosure" ;)
Tv model: UE40H6400
Firmware: T-MST14DEUC-2117.5
lbalan79
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by lbalan79 »

Did we try any other vulnerabilities? It looks like flash is very old and also the http://www.symantec.com/connect/blogs/s ... nerability

Thank you

Return to “[H] Brainstorm”