Export/backup tv configuration: possible?

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Export/backup tv configuration: possible?

Post by tendi »

Is it possible to backup somewhere the configuration of the tv (both Samsung menu and extended sevice menu entries), so that they can easily be recovered if needed?
Tv model: UE40H6400
Firmware: T-MST14DEUC-2117.5
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Export/backup tv configuration: possible?

Post by juusso »

Settings are stored in eeprom and we don`t know if here is any possibility to backup it and restore in software way. But you can use programmer and programm that eeprom. With or without de-soldering :)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

No, I was thinking more about the so called hotel mode, that one used in hotels and public places to replicate the same settings on all their tvs, disabling the user manumission at the same time. I've read this entry in the extended service menu but I don't know how it works (if it works :)).
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

tendi wrote:No, I was thinking more about the so called hotel mode, that one used in hotels and public places to replicate the same settings on all their tvs, disabling the user manumission at the same time. I've read this entry in the extended service menu but I don't know how it works (if it works :)).
you don't need extended service menu to use hotel mode:) Just contact samsung :) They will tell you how to do it :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

sectroyer wrote:Just contact samsung :) They will tell you how to do it :)
Mmm, I don't know why but I feel a little bit skeptical about that :D

By the way, I was checking if OTN and OTA are still disabled and yes, they are, but the software update voice in the Samsung menu is not grayed out. I find it strange, and you? What do you think, is it ok?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

tendi wrote: What do you think, is it ok?
If you choose this option it should say "unable to contact..." or something like this :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

sectroyer wrote:If you choose this option it should say "unable to contact..." or something like this :)
It says that there isn't any available update at the moment.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

tendi wrote:
sectroyer wrote:If you choose this option it should say "unable to contact..." or something like this :)
It says that there isn't any available update at the moment.
Well let's hope it works ;)
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

sectroyer wrote:Well let's hope it works ;)
Sure, thank you ;)

Return to “[H] Brainstorm”