I am very confused

Information, questions and any other thing related with A series.

datank182

I am very confused

Post by datank182 »

I apologise if i come across as noob or annoying but REALLY need help. I also am sorry if this is the wrong section to post this. I just bought a Samsung TV for my room that is model PS-50P91FD unto which does not support USB video playing. I am very stressed because I love watching movies in my lounge room through USB and this TV only support photos and audio (menu only has those option once USB is plugged). I really want to perhaps modify the firmware so i can watch videos somehow from USB or even stream from my computer.

I am really confused about what series my TV is (quite sure its older series), and what firmware i have. I contacted Samsung and apparently my TV has NO FIRMWARE, which baffles me. I just want to be guided through the process so i can modify my firmware then watch videos.

Please help me !!! Thank you
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: I am very confused

Post by sectroyer »

You probably don't have TV if you don't have a firmware :) Just deal with it. Maybe put a chair in a place of your "TV-like-thing"? It's better to stop fooling yourself :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
datank182

Post by datank182 »

I do have a TV and it is a Samsung 50 inch plasma. I entered the service menu and I think the firmware I speak of is: T-saffdau0-016. Can someone who isn't going to mock my intelligence reply? Thank you
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

buy external mediaplayer (androidtv or like this) and you get everything. Here is nothing for your tv, its tooo old.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “A Series”