UA40J5200

General forum talking area for J series TVs.

backayard

UA40J5200

Post by backayard »

Hello All,

My UA40J5200 is a Singapore TV and I want to used it in the UK.

I have a Harmony One remote and I mapped keys to INFO, FACTORY and 3SPEED

I can enter the extended service menu with INFO + FACTORY and Option -> Local Set is available but no EU option is there.

When I go into Option -> MRT Option -> Region it is set to Australia and it’s still greyed out.

Pressing FACTORY + 3SPEED will not un-grey the options

When I pressed FACTORY the screen changed colour and I pressed 3SPEED, I returned back to the extended service menu.

Has anyone used Harmony One remote with INFO, FACTORY and 3SPEED to un-grey out any options in the extended service menu?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: UA40J5200

Post by juusso »

It can be your TV is developed for different region and there is no EU option at all. From my experience, mainboard must be replaced to get TV working in certain region due hardware and firmware differences. EEPROM data are located inside firmware. I do not believe you go somewhere even with ungreyed Region.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
backayard

Re: UA40J5200

Post by backayard »

Thanks @juusso

This would make logical sense which is way there was no EU option under Local Set

But I'm still somewhat confused as to way FACTORY and 3SPEED left some options greyed out

I was under the impression that FACTORY and 3SPEED will un-grey out all of the greyed out options in the extended service menu

Return to “[J] General”