how to enable multi audio output

General forum talking area for J series TVs.

emersken

how to enable multi audio output

Post by emersken »

Hello all, I have a un65ju6700 and want to listen to Bluetooth and internal speakers at the same time. In the TV's normal audio menu there is a option for this but its GRAYED out its called multi audio output. Has anyone had luck on enabling this feature. I have looked in the service menu but haven't had any luck on getting the feature tuned on. Basically I want to use the Bluetooth for extra speakers in a large room not as much as a surround sound but extra sound for a large room. I have tried to use a Bluetooth transmitter out the back panel 3.5 aux but the sound is off. Any ideas or direction would be appreciated.
Anaglypta

Re: how to enable multi audio output

Post by Anaglypta »

Yep it works just fine. You need to pair your Bluetooth speakers to the TV first, and then select them from the "speakers List" you can then go into the menu and the option will be available to you.

Hope this helps

John.
emersken

Post by emersken »

John,
Thanks for the reply, but this doesn't work on my TV. I have them paired and the option for multi output audio is still grayed out and I cant enable the function. I have tried several different ways paired/connected but still cant get both Bluetooth and tv speakers to work at the same time. Did you do anything special to get the option of multi output to work?
Ken
Anaglypta

Post by Anaglypta »

Ken,

There are two ways to pair bluetooth devices on this TV. If you are using the TV SoundConnect option then when you select your speakers the TV speakers are switched off.

If you can pair the speakers using Bluetooth Audio then the Multi Output option will be available. Bluetooth Audio is usually used to pair headphones, and I'm a little worried that if you do get it to work there might be a slight delay between the speakers and the TV.

Please let me know how you get on.

John.
emersken

Post by emersken »

John,
That did work, connecting through Bluetooth. I had ASSUMED it was the same connecting in both places. And you are correct about the delay there is a noticeable delay to much to leave it on. Thanks for the help as always SamyGo is the place to go for Samsung question.
Cheers Friend
Ken
Anaglypta

Post by Anaglypta »

Ken,

You're welcome. I'm sorry it didn't work out :(

John.
tassos

Post by tassos »

I have a similar problem on a UE48J5500. I am trying to connect 2 pairs of bluetooth headphones. I am connecting by using this device:

Multi-point Wireless Audio Bluetooth Transmitter Music Stereo Dongle Adapter for TV.

It is a bluetooth transmitter that can accommodate 2 pairs of headphones simultaneously and it connects to the TV via the headphone jack at the back.

The problem is that as soon as something is plugged into the headphone jack on the TV, the sound through the speakers stops.

I would like to be able to listen to the TV speakers and the 2 pairs of headphones at the same time - any advice would be really appreciated!

Thanks,

Tassos
Anaglypta

Post by Anaglypta »

Hello tassos,

Unfortunately, plugging into the headphone socket breaks the circuit for the TV speakers. The only way around that would be to take the back off the TV and solder a wire across the terminals, or replace the headphone socket with a non signaling type.

John.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

I remember there was a working trick on E: https://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f ... 859#p42859
No idea if it still works on J though :)

AFAIK (at least up to H, I don't know J code yet), it's only software "cut", no need to "solder wires" ;)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
kogabe

Post by kogabe »

Hi zoelechat!

Could you please check if there is still a similar option in J Series 6xxx in service menu?
I am planning to replace my ES5500 to a bigger J6xxx, but this feature is really important for me. (Thant's why I am not willing to buy a K series)
Right now my vintage stereo AV receiver is connected via the headphone port of the TV, and its volume is controlled together with the TV Speakers.

Thank you in advance!

Return to “[J] General”