J Rooting.

General forum talking area for J series TVs.

pillpalle

Re: J Rooting.

Post by pillpalle »

zoelechat wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 4:57 pm
pillpalle wrote: Fri May 26, 2017 4:46 pm thx, and and any information regarding K series functions on J series like HDR+ or HDR10+ ?
Yeah, forget :)
Btw, HDR10+ exists only on M, not on K. Support is supposed to be added later by an update, as well as HLG (for almost a year), but won't happen.
:D so that is a yes or no?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

No :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
locarno

Post by locarno »

So there are no futher plans to develop root for 1490 ?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

FYI, such plans always exist. If we say, method does not work on certain number of firmwares, this means, our applied technique does have limitations. We always are on the go looking forward on how to rooting recent firmwares, but no ETA and no promises for success.
Process is very dynamic and result can be next day or next year, or never. No one knows. So better disable firmware updates and keep on firmware, where root does exist.

So my answer is - yes, we do expect to get root, no - no idea at the moment how to achieve it.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
maximob

Post by maximob »

Good luck for rooting how matter firmware version is . :)
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

locarno wrote: Sun May 28, 2017 4:31 pm So there are no futher plans to develop root for 1490 ?
You also should remember that if you keep on UPdating you will NEVER get root, by the time we release root for 1490 you will have firmware 1560 so what's the point in asking ? :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
castona

Post by castona »

Hey, I have a Samsung BD-J5700 disc player, running Firmware B-JM53BSPWWB -1012.0
I was wondering if its "rootable" so I can remove Cinavia. All internet activity is blocked via router. I plan to stream my local content only.

Thanks.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

castona wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:57 am Hey, I have a Samsung BD-J5700 disc player, running Firmware B-JM53BSPWWB -1012.0
I was wondering if its "rootable" so I can remove Cinavia. All internet activity is blocked via router. I plan to stream my local content only.

Thanks.
WHEN it was blocked ? :) And check release date of your FW, if BEFORE May it should work :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
castona

Post by castona »

sectroyer wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:03 am
castona wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:57 am Hey, I have a Samsung BD-J5700 disc player, running Firmware B-JM53BSPWWB -1012.0

Thanks.
WHEN it was blocked ? :) And check release date of your FW, if BEFORE May it should work :)
Last time it was updated was in December 2016, I'm guessing it should be good to go?

What Custom firmware would I need to download for root? Its confusing because a lot of stuff seems to be for the Televisions instead of Blu-ray players
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Better give us the number but yeah it looks it should be rootable :)

Return to “[J] General”