General forum talking area for J series TVs.
- Official SamyGO Developer
- Posts: 8466
- Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:32 pm
- Location: France
You make too quick assumptions, you don't know what's inside
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
- SamyGO Project Donor
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:26 pm
Hi, seems I can't enable developer mode as Smart Hub likes to send me privacy statement from their website. Obviously I blocked neccesary stuff on router.
Is there any other method to enable it?
Or should I unblock on router some domain to let it connect with internet? Which domain? Won;t it get in meantime latest update? Any help appreciated
maybe server didin't worked properly but today it went with no problems.
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Thu May 23, 2019 9:17 am
I'm interested in root mode for my UE40J6300AWXXH . I have FW 1215. I can see it is available for donors only but I can't see the way to donate.
I want to install Skype and according to szt I need a root to do it.
szt wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:54 am
- you get official Tizen skype app from someone, got root, you could somehow run it (but there still a chance that it will not work).
- put android skype app in TV and make it work(you need something like http://www.openmobileww.com/products-an ... acl-works/
, also require root).
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:19 pm
got my first smart tv, samsung un40j5200af i did update the firmware to 1150 for usa. and i just happened to find a new power supply and new main board off ebay for 17 dollars for both that came out of a tv that had cracked screen from shipping. i wanted a backup in case i jacked up the original board, anyways it has like firmware 1000 or something, cant remember. can anything be modded on this one? oh and this new board i have not hooked
to the internet, so no updates have been done. i did download the usb of firmware 1150 and 1022 from the samsung support.
waiting for a reply before i continue this journey.