How to change volume when using bluetooth speaker

General forum talking area for J series TVs.

hugocoolens

How to change volume when using bluetooth speaker

Post by hugocoolens »

I recently bought a bluetooth receiver which allows me to plug in an ordinary headphone. After pairing the bluetooth receiver with my UE40JU7000 and connecting, I do hear the TV sound in my headphones as expected. But to my surprise I am no longer able to adjust the volume with the TV-remote,
when I try to do this the TV displays: Bluetooth headphones but the sound in my headphone is way too loud. If I use the same bluetooth receiver+headphone with a smartphone I can adjust the volume without any problem. Is this a bug in the UE40JU7000 firmware?
Last edited by hugocoolens on Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: How to change volume when using bluetooth speaker

Post by juusso »

Same Q series and in general - same for all samsung series with BT audio. Thank you zamzung engineers... NFI how to fix. Some patch is needed.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

libSPDIFvolume did the job on D/E/F/H, and sure similar patch does it as well on K :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Does it do already or are you speaking more hypotetic? :)
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

It does already, for so long I had to disable it to verify if it wasn't built-in ;)
hugocoolens

Post by hugocoolens »

zoelechat wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:30 pm libSPDIFvolume did the job on D/E/F/H, and sure similar patch does it as well on K :)
I presume this patch can't be implemented on the J-series?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

I'm absolutely sure it could be. There are 2 devs more skilled than me, both having J (and Q), no idea what they're doing :)
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

There is realy good weather in Thai... Ok, but in Poland? What to do during cold dark winter evenings? ;)

hugocoolens

Post by hugocoolens »

I contacted the samsung support and they told me the reason I can't control the volume is, I'm not using a Samsung headphone or a B&O headphone...
of course this is complete nonsense, in stead of listening to their customers and reporting the bug to their engineers, they keep treating their customers as idiots. Sad, very sad
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

juusso wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:24 am There is realy good weather in Thai... Ok, but in Poland? What to do during cold dark winter evenings? ;)
I am NOT audio guy :) Don't use SPDIF, don't use 5.1. I suggest using headphone jack and/or bluetooth. All works :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

Return to “[J] General”