UE55JS8500 - Spiteful Neighbour ruining TV veiwing via Bluetooth

General forum talking area for J series TVs.

Decipher88

UE55JS8500 - Spiteful Neighbour ruining TV veiwing via Bluetooth

Post by Decipher88 »

Ok

So after complaining in the most polite and respectful way possible about my neighbors son who likes to turn the house into a party spot on the weekends I started getting bluetooth notifications on my tv. At first I had no idea who or what is was until I heard my neighbors son discussing his weird little campaign on the phone in the garden.

In short, roughly 4-5 times an hour my tv pops up with a connection request. It's been going on for months, since late last year to be exact. And I need to find a way for the tv to stop broadcasting a BT signal. I found the service menu and turned off every BT option there was but I'm not doing something right or I'm missing something completely.

I tried watch Lost In Space tonight and within the first episode, 3 notifications.

Help. Please help. Please.
rakuri
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: UE55JS8500 - Spiteful Neighbour ruining TV veiwing via Bluetooth

Post by rakuri »

And talking to the neighbor is not an option?
Decipher88

Post by Decipher88 »

I've tried this. She asked her Son and he said "It's not me." so there's not much more I can do on that front. Truth be told, asking directly seemed to exacerbate the situation as it only intensified after.

I can't use the TV without the teenager connecting to it. I also game from time to time which I find is a good way to de-stress after work. But I'm basically without a tv. Any help would be appreciated.
notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by notengo13 »

Decipher88 wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:08 am I've tried this. She asked her Son and he said "It's not me." so there's not much more I can do on that front. Truth be told, asking directly seemed to exacerbate the situation as it only intensified after.

I can't use the TV without the teenager connecting to it. I also game from time to time which I find is a good way to de-stress after work. But I'm basically without a tv. Any help would be appreciated.
Did you try same way like him? Playing arround with bt.
UE48H6640 T-MST14DEUC 2781.0 root latestH --> 2130.0 skypeRoot-->0000-->2115.3 "Skype refueled" Root
QE55QN93A - - >firmware T-NKM2DEUC-1805.4 (backup 1590.0) - - >update CURL60 Error --> CURL28 Error
Anaglypta

Post by Anaglypta »

@Decipher88

Did you already accept the connection?

You can DENY the connection from Menu > Network > Multimedia Device Manager.
Select the device, click OK and select DENY from the menu and it will not connect or prompt you again.
Do not delete the device as you will get prompts again.

If he has friends also connecting, DENY those devices as well.

There doesn't seem to be an easy way of disableing Bluetooth on the TV.

John.

Return to “[J] General”