[Tip] Backup/Restore picture settings (Tizen only)

Here are software that related with Samsung J series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

[Tip] Backup/Restore picture settings (Tizen only)

Post by zoelechat »

In case, for example, you want to access service menu and you're bothered to *again* loose your picture settings, you can save them all at once using that command:

Code: Select all

dbus-send --system --dest=org.tizen.tv.avoc --type=method_call --print-reply /org/tizen/tv/avoc org.tizen.tv.avoc.AvOutputControl.BackupAllSettings string:/opt/storage/usb/sda1
/opt/storage/usb/sda1 can be replaced by path of your choice, TV will create there an avoc folder with single .avoc.db file inside (SQLite you can browse if you like).

The same way you can restore settings:

Code: Select all

dbus-send --system --dest=org.tizen.tv.avoc --type=method_call --print-reply /org/tizen/tv/avoc org.tizen.tv.avoc.AvOutputControl.RestoreAllSettings string:/opt/storage/usb/sda1
telling path where avoc folder is located. A single channel/source change is needed then to see your settings are back..

Note that sound settings are backed up too!
As far as I tried, only zoom settings (fit to screen etc) are lost, but possible I missed other details: Feel free to report.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: [Tip] Backup/Restore picture settings (Tizen only)

Post by juusso »

Thanks, mate :)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “[J] Software”