Firmware downgrade for J Series

Here is information about customize your J series firmware.

globetrotter66

Re: Firmware downgrade for J Series

Post by globetrotter66 »

:-(
ITCertified2006

Re: Firmware downgrade for UE32J5600AK

Post by ITCertified2006 »

Hi All

Have a UE32J5600AK with firmware version 1520 - would like to downgrade if possible.

Could anyone recommend or advise if this is possible, did download HKMFDEUC to FAT32 Flash, but TV says no update available.

Thank You.
TwistedTimeLord

Post by TwistedTimeLord »

Ok I bought a UN65JS8500 (2015 model) and I love it. It's my first smart tv and I knew nothing about these firmware updates. I now have noticed that the 3D and overall performance of the tv Sucks since factory firmware has been upgraded from OTA updates. All I want to do is reset the firmware to what it was to when I first turned it on. The tv says its on v1530 as of today 2018/05/04. I now have auto update turned off. At one point last year, I thought someone hacked into it. Not even confident to have it connected to internet anymore. In the maintenance menu, should the screen type match the model/size? Mine does not. Its completely different.

I'm a pc tech but new to working on tv's. If I could get some guidance on how to just flash the Rom back to factory I would really appreciate it. The tv should store a master copy as a backup correct? Or do I have to download the version, I think it was 1401, don't quote me on that.
TIA.
deksar

Post by deksar »

I've been searching and digging into all around this forum since days and hours here.. It seems, seriously, A LOT OF people who have Samsung J serie TVs, need downgrade&oscam.. Sadly, no solution at all, it seems.. Would anyone be a solution to all of us here?

I'm willing to pay/donate here to find a solution to have oscam installed in my TV:
Samsung UE40J6270
Firmware: T-HKMFDEUC-1530.1

Yes, I blocked the updates..but it seems I'm too late..*sighs.
tiberius13

Post by tiberius13 »

Hi everyone! This is my first post...

downgrading would be so cool. It's been a year since the last post. Can someone pls confirm this still works?
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Yes
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
AndreatheKING

Post by AndreatheKING »

Hello...Have a UE40J5200AKXZT but I don't know the firmware because the screen is black - would like to downgrade if possible to solve the problem and review the TV.
Could anyone recommend or advise if this is possible....thank you.
Dav0121
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Dav0121 »

Hi everyone!
Is there any news about J series downgrade procedure on latest fw similar to the method on K series?
Thanks in advance for your reply! :)
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Dav0121 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:49 pm Hi everyone!
Is there any news about J series downgrade procedure on latest fw similar to the method on K series?
Thanks in advance for your reply! :)
If you blocked your updates, yes "something" is coming :) Be patient
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
robin73

Post by robin73 »

Hi,
I have a Samsung j5500 TV and unfortunately I have the fw 1550 and I can no longer use the WI-FI connection and therefore the Smart function. You said something will come like fw0000 but who is working on this? thanks

Return to “[J] Firmware”