Firmware downgrade for J Series

Here is information about customize your J series firmware.

M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Firmware downgrade for J Series

Post by M11 »

Mahdigh08 wrote:Im on 1440 , but it's not working?
Do we have newer firmware for it? Because software update says your on latest,
I have seen reports that it works on 1440, I have not tried it myself on 1440. I changed my region a long time ago (on older firmware) and then this worked > https://support.unlocator.com/customer/ ... g-smart-tv

You are entering the button sequence at the correct menu?
F9000 + SEK-3500U
Mahdigh08

Re: RE: Re: Firmware downgrade for J Series

Post by Mahdigh08 »

M11 wrote:I have seen reports that it works on 1440, I have not tried it myself on 1440. I changed my region a long time ago (on older firmware) and then this worked > https://support.unlocator.com/customer/ ... g-smart-tv

You are entering the button sequence at the correct menu?
Yes i did it at right sequence, i try it with smart control and IR control but, no luck
Im going to try LocSetup instead of return
Edited by Moderator: Crapatalk bad quote edit
shalvea

Post by shalvea »

Mahdigh08 wrote:Yes i did it at right sequence, i try it with smart control and IR control but, no luck
may be ---- right,2,8,9,left. :D
Edited by Moderator: Crapatalk bad quote edit
shalvea

Post by shalvea »

shalvea wrote: Yes i did it at right sequence, i try it with smart control and IR control but, no luck
may be ---- right,2,8,9,left. :D[/quote]
Mahdigh08,the new firmware won`t help you... your smarthub is blocked. To solve this problem you must change *LOCAL SET* in SERVIS MENU.and more--- in MRT OPTION change *LANGUAGE ARABIC,REGION,PNP language,WIFI region* :shock: and after this--- factory reset.read attentively the top of this forum(https://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3) :D good luck.
dellabest

Post by dellabest »

Hi everyone,
I hope this is the right thread to ask you what are benefits to downgrade firmware of our Smart TV. I honestly didn't understand the reason to do it.
Could you solve my doubt, please?
- For completeness I've a J6202 Smart TV and right now it is notifying me an upgrade from 1440.8 to 1443.0 version -

Thank you
ratoAX

Post by ratoAX »

Hi there, i have an UE43J5500AKXXC in wich i always have used costum wigets such as SSIPTV, i had all software updates off, until last week someone turn them ON and upodated to the latest firmware 1443.0 :(
I have tryed to install SSIPTV again via usb pen, diferent methods same outcome...nothing!!
My question is is there something i can change at the service menu or is it possible to downgrade my firmware at all at this stage, thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
puppinoo
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by puppinoo »

Hi,
Just bought a UE50JU6400K. Unfortunately at first power-on it downloaded the 1443 firmware.
Now I read it cant be downgraded using 0000 custom firmware.
It was a stupid move not to block updates even at first power I know that but I'm a complete newbie.
Now I'm just curious to know if there will be any solution for an alternate downgrade procedure.

Thanks.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Well you should start by blocking updates on router and THEN ask questions :) Without blocking updates no point waiting for "alternate downgrade procedure" :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
puppinoo
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by puppinoo »

You're right.
I already disabled firmware update in options menu but I guess it's not enough as my experience teaches.
To be safe tonight I will follow your advice hoping to be offered a second chance.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Disabling " firmware update in options menu " NOT only is "not enough" but simply is a waste of time and does NOTHING :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

Return to “[J] Firmware”