Where is my working eeprom reset socket?

This forum is for information related with J series hardware instead of firmware/software.

ymj0078

Post by ymj0078 »

Hi!
My UN32J5205 samsung smart tv is bricked in service menu eeprom reset! :|
I found how to repair my tv in Google web site.
They said SDA and VCC or GND or RESET link with a little wire .
I wanted to looking for the Socket and socket name, but i olny found socket name.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Where is my working eeprom reset socket?

Post by juusso »

New hi resolution pictures of your whole main board, especially where 8pin chips are located. Sure labels of chips should be readable.
From what you gave I can not say anything.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
ymj0078

Post by ymj0078 »

juusso wrote:New hi resolution pictures of your whole main board, especially where 8pin chips are located. Sure labels of chips should be readable.
From what you gave I can not say anything.
Hi! juusso. Thank you for your reply.
I uploaded New hi resolution picture of my whole main board with original picture zip file.
Please Help me!!
Last edited by ymj0078 on Mon May 30, 2016 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

anyway, labels are poor readable if any.
Pleas write down IC number and label on it. I`m talking 8-leg chips on both sides of mainboard.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Is that J mainboard?? Looks like low-end D :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

If you do some research on forum you will find this method works. But method is ONLy for those who messed up in service menu. It wont work for those with firmware upgrade failures and bootloop because of this. Eeprom reset lets tv start with default settings and during the poweroff, settings are stored back to eeprom. So this is not the heart of tv. This is just configuration storage. If this data is not available during tv boot (in case you do short circuit as described) tv will use preprogrammed value from firmware and will boot up anyway. Sure some adaptations of values are required but at least you have lcd on and no bootlop.

If you failed with this method this can mean only
1. bricked tv can not be repaired by eeprom reset
2. You use wrong chip
3. You do not apply method properly. Here are many reports people succeed eeprom reset after many tries and rarely from first try

Good luck.

p.s. no reports on J series until now. Might be samsung changed something. Who knows.

Btw, i used cheap programmer to make dumps of SoC eeprom and Micom eeprom and i believe this kind of setup could be usefull for all series.
SpoilerShow
d6_board.jpg
All what is needed is:
1) working dump from same series ar model TV
2) CH341A programmer (price ~$4 ) 3) SOIC8-SOP8 clip (price ~$3 ) 4) N.B this makes full dump of chip, where the unique serial number of your mainboard exists. I would recommend first get dump of original mainboard to get these numbers. In the other hand - what`s wrong if you will use wrong serial number in SoC eeprom - nothing :)

This info is for those who still think doing short circuit does harm TV and does not solve problem :)

p.p.s. Thanks @bugficks here are pictures, may help to locate eeprom on HKM mainboards:
SpoilerShow
HKM_EEPROM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ANTHONYABELLON

Post by ANTHONYABELLON »

Hi Samygo

I am new in this group and would like to seek your help on how to do the EEPROM RESET to my UA32H6300 samsung smart tv. I messed up with the secret service menu . I even tried the INFO-MENU-MUTE-POWER set up but still not working.

Hope that you could help me on how to determine the reset holes or the EEPROM CHIP.

Please also help on how to do it.

Thank you very much Samygo!

Return to “[J] Hardware”