Dumping, unbricking or downgrading firmware by soldering wires inside TV

This forum is for information related with J series hardware instead of firmware/software.

szt

Dumping, unbricking or downgrading firmware by soldering wires inside TV

Post by szt »

How exactly this can be done? There must be some NAND flash memory somewhere. It is possible to reprogram flash memory using good old LPT port from the PC? I can make some stuff with ATMEGA controller btw

Look https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZiH8WVkatg here how people do PS3 downgrading. I want to do something like this. Where to solder wires?
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Dumping, unbricking or downgrading firmware by soldering wires inside TV

Post by sectroyer »

No known way :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
szt

Post by szt »

I see here viewtopic.php?f=91&t=10691&p=90789 some guys dumped some stuff from TV (in "hardware" way). How did they do it?
flowswitch wrote: Tue May 31, 2016 9:10 am Our reckless team have dumped both SPI flash and eMMC from 55J5500. Here are some pieces (a full dump is too big, 4GB)
Any tips, guides?
szt

Post by szt »

bugficks maybe you have some ideas?
Feuerbard

Post by Feuerbard »

buy emmc programmer like rt809H (not recommended) or UFPI and ISP adapter and you can (not easily but possible ) dumped and restored samsung firmwares from latest tv ,and possible firmware downgrade (with hdcp and ci+ key loss easily and with restore keys not easily )

Return to “[J] Hardware”