Which method/procedure is the right one (or the best) for C Series hacking?

Support for C series TVs that all user could ask. Please do not ask a questions at other forums.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Which method/procedure is the right one (or the best) for C Series hacking?

Post by juusso »

Yes. It is same and link to one post is enough. Do not polute whole forum. Off topic is closed now.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
daviddrf

Post by daviddrf »

juusso wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:10 am Yes. It is same and link to one post is enough. Do not polute whole forum. Off topic is closed now.
I posted once in two different threads because both of them are related to the same question. If one of them is removed how people could understand the conversation? I can't understand, sorry.
daviddrf

Post by daviddrf »

What could I do for solve this problem? I can't login neither create an account for the "develop" user for the widget rooting method.
Could anyone help me please? Thank you again.
daviddrf

Post by daviddrf »

Well, I'm trying to create the "develop" account with no success at the momment. If I wasn't able to solve this with 3005 firmware what method should I use for being able to hack my LE40C650 television please? Thanks in advance.
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

beatfreak wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:01 pm all you need to know for the manual method (without pre-made image) is described in the wiki page you already found, just follow the instructions closely and youre good to go.
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
daviddrf

Post by daviddrf »

Thank you beatfreak for your help. "manual method (without pre-made image)" is the following method?:
https://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?title= ... _models%29
I would need to hack the television at the beginning for sharing folders only. As I could ckeck in D series sharing folders is done with virtual USB drive using files like "04_04_samba.init" (for CIFS/SMB protocol) but in C series I'm having doubts about that because I can't find in the forum/Wiki that information.
Sorry for that questions, my problem is I am not able to find the information in order to proceed with confidence in myself and my televisions (C and D series are too much old maybe...).
daviddrf

Post by daviddrf »

Hello. I've been following the wiki and I've finished the "hackdrive" preparation under Linux commands in Ubuntu's terminal (https://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?title= ... es_models)).
Before connecting this USB drive to the television I don't understand what "scenario" is the prefered one for me because I wasn't able to understand them on that Wiki page. I have two or three USB pendrives. What I would need is to mount shared folders on the television but I don't know what screnario fits better for me. Could anyone help me please? Thanks in advance.
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

if you have more than one spare pendrive you can use
go on with a second pendrive

combines the advantages of both previous scenarios, but not everyone has a bucket full of mass storage devices
in this case you leave your hackdrive as it is and put your samygo extensions on another usb pendrive

so continue with switching hotel mode back to OFF (after applying the hack)
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
daviddrf

Post by daviddrf »

beatfreak wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:10 pm if you have more than one spare pendrive you can use
go on with a second pendrive

combines the advantages of both previous scenarios, but not everyone has a bucket full of mass storage devices
in this case you leave your hackdrive as it is and put your samygo extensions on another usb pendrive

so continue with switching hotel mode back to OFF (after applying the hack)
I've successfully applied the hack as I can see the run.ok file and its content after the hackdrive was unplugged from television:

Now I have to go but when I will be able to try the second USB drive I will told you how went it. Thank you a lot beatfreak for your help!
daviddrf

Post by daviddrf »

Hello. I've been able to use my second pendrive with success and I gained root access to the television with SSH, thank you all!
I realized that SamyGO Virtual USB is mounted on "Sources" section and "AV" and "Component" too. I know how to disable SamyGO Virtual USB source renaming 02_04_vusb.init from SamyGO\etc\init.d to 02_04_vusb.init.dis but...How could I disable "AV" and "Component" sources? That sources are not connected to the television but they are shown as connected now.
The other question is how could I do the hack permanent using vi command in SSH for modifying the script directly in the television (this way I wouldn't have to re-apply the hack). Thank you again!

Return to “[C] Support”