SKYPE ON C650

Support for C series TVs that all user could ask. Please do not ask a questions at other forums.

coyotee

Re: STC2000 : 99euros vs STC1100 38euros !!!

Post by coyotee »

Fr3d wrote:It seems there's a new version of the cam : http://shop.skype.com/intl/fr/webcams/t ... g-stc2000/
Bit cheaper than the previous one (STC1100) : 99euros
anybody tried this one on a C series (I've got a PS50C65000 with skypeapp installed thanks to the post here http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Samsun ... pe_Cameras)

[UPDATE] I bought a STC1100 from amazon.fr @ 32euros !!!! (38,60 including shipping)
For those who are interrested : http://www.amazon.fr/Samsung-CY-STC1100 ... pd_cp_ce_0

Fr3d
Hello! I am just wondering where did you get that price (32?) for that camera, now it is somewhere around 100?. Does anyone now if that new webcam samsung-vg-stc2000 works on LE C650 ?

thanks...
zeqineja

Re: SCT2000 with SKYPE ON C6700

Post by zeqineja »

zeqineja wrote:anyone using the samsung new STC2000 webcam with UExxC6700? I read some reports on older STC1100 working OK. I got a STC2000 but can't get it recognized by Skype on my UE40C6700 (set as C6800 to enable PVR). Upgraded firmware up to latest T-VALDEUC-3015.0, but it won't work. Any thought?
OK, here's the news: STC2000 definitely doesn't work on C series. Sent it back to Amazon, got a STC1100 that works perfectly!
jartukovic

Re: SKYPE ON C650

Post by jartukovic »

Ok, here is my report

I was on the 3009 firmware with PVR activated and following instructions by starting HTTP server on my computer i was able
to download Skype widget to TV and it updated it self automatically. Tried to receive a call and it worked (without camera).
Reading these posts i tought that maybe the camera drivers (for the new cameras "VG-STC2000 and VG-STC3000 ) are contained in the firmware updates
so i downloaded T-VALDEUC_3015.0 firmware and updated the TV, after which i didn't lose PVR and Skype.
I found one VG-STC3000 in the near store and borrowed it to try will it work thinking that with the latest firmware it will but it didn't.
So regarding T-VALDEUC_3015.0 firmware i can confirm that camera VG-STC3000 doesn't work!
Maybe the drivers for the newer cameras are contained in the new Skype app (that i don't have - dead links- and which is about 12 MB).
I still have to try camera VG-STC2000 on newest firmware but currently there is none on stock in town.
If someone have succeeded in installing newer Skype app please post it (and explain it) and i will try again the VG-STC3000 with new app.
In the meantime i'm waiting for the VG-STC2000 to come to town so i can try it with this latest firmware and "old" Skype app.
jartukovic

Post by jartukovic »

Just wanted to let you know that i wasn able to find VG-STC2000 to try it, and i didnt want to buy it and then find that it maybe doesnt work.
So i found a very good deal on ebay for CY-STC1100 and got the camera.
The camera works and i was impressed with microphone and light sensitivity but i was not pleased with viewable angle which is narrow,
and to mount it on LE40C650 is not really easy to find the way how to mount it.
BoneStorm

Post by BoneStorm »

Hi guys,

I'm joining the party a bit late but luckily got hold of a CY-STC1100. Any chance to upload the skype app again as all sources I found in this tread and the wiki article disappeared in the mist of time. Thanks a mil for you support.
jartukovic

Post by jartukovic »

Here you go

Code: Select all

http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/55693436/file.html
BoneStorm

Post by BoneStorm »

Thank you jartukovic!

With the binaries in place installing skype on my C650 was straight forward following the excellent wiki article.

* extracted the content to some local web server
* created the widgetslist.xml in-line with the wiki article
* followed the rest of the article
* done, works like charm!
jartukovic

Post by jartukovic »

The only problem that i have is that if i leave the camera pluged in during night the nex day when i turn on the tv everything is laggy, changing channels or anything else, after tun off and back on, everything is ok.
Does anyone have problem like this ?
BoneStorm

Post by BoneStorm »

I have a switchable power bar and turn everything completely off when not in use. Sending the TV to standby and resume 3 mins later did not result in your observed behavior. Maybe it is worth to note that I configured the Skype app to start/register when the app loads not when the TV boots. Hope it helps.
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

(re-up), still works, tested today on UExxC6500
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.

Return to “[C] Support”