[Tutorial] Activating Hotel Mode in C8700 series

Support for C series TVs that all user could ask. Please do not ask a questions at other forums.

fsck

[Tutorial] Activating Hotel Mode in C8700 series

Post by fsck »

I would like to share my experience on Activating Hotel Mode on my UE40C8700. This has been working firmware T-VALDEUC-3009.2 and it very likely to work with any UExxC8700 (UE40C8700 UE46C8700 UE55C8700 UE65C8700). I used Hotel Mode to force the source to be set to HDMI2 instead of TV by default when I turn the TV on.

1. Check if you have Hotel Mode On or Off

With TV switched off, go to the service menu by pressing the following sequence on the remote:
[MENU] [MUTE] [POWER]. Wait around 10 seconds, on the bottom right TV corner see red light flashing.

Using direction key on to move, go In Control, Hotel Option. As you can see below, this shows Hotel Mode off, the options are in grey and can not be changed.
IMAG0367_l.jpg
2. Going to Hotel Mode
You need to download ruSamsungTVCommunicator from www . rainerullrich.de/samsung/ The sofware is in German making it difficult to use if you don't speak German.

Unzip it

Allow ruSamsungTVCommunicator.exe in your firewall

Start your TV in normal mode

Wait for TV to be on

Right mouse click on ruSamsungTVCommunicator, Execute as Administrator. The program should launch, detect your TV, and you should get the "Fernbedienung" tab

You should also get a popup on your TV asking if you want to add this new remote. Say yes

On the ruSamsungTVCommunicator window, check the virtual remote is working, that you can change source and channel for instance

Exit ruSamsungTVCommunicator application

Now, turn off the TV, wait for the bottom right TV corner red light to be on

Go in service mode by pressing the following sequence on the remote:
[MENU] [MUTE] [POWER]

Start ruSamsungTVCommunicator as Administrator, and click on "FACTORY", and then "3SPEED"

You should be now in another Service Mode with the following choices: Option, Control, SVC, Expert (in grey), ADC/WB, Advanced

Go in Control, Hotel Mode.

Change Hotel Mode from OFF to ON, and then finally you should now have:
IMAG0369_l.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
UE40C8700 with firmware T-VALDEUC-3009.2
fsck

Re: [Tutorial] Activating Hotel Mode in C8700 series

Post by fsck »

Once HOTEL MODE is On, it is possible to go directly to the Hotel Mode menu by:
Normally power ON TV
Press on remote control: [MUTE] [1] [1] [9] [OK]
When HOTEL MODE is Off, you need to use: ruSamsungTVCommunicator
UE40C8700 with firmware T-VALDEUC-3009.2
saquib189

Post by saquib189 »

I have samsung la26a450c1 model lcd tv and how to connect it to pc for the use of ruSamsungTVcommunicator.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

ruSamsungTVcommunicator uses network, your TV has no network. All.

Btw, your TV is outdated A series, no need for multi posts at random places...
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

Return to “[C] Support”