Firmware downgrade for LED UE46C7000WP

Support for C series TVs that all user could ask. Please do not ask a questions at other forums.

newthor

Post by newthor »

I have a LED Tv UE46C7000WP with firmware T-VALDEUC_3015.0.exe on.
I would like to "italianize" my TV, in order to take advantage of benefits, such as the LCN for sorting of channels, MHP services and so on (I'm now experiencing troubles with the PVR recording, since the tv guide is not consistent with the summertine !).
I've currently set Spain as the default country, since Italy is not available in the proposed list.
Unfortunately - probably due to the fact that the firmware is the latest - the menu available in Service Mode (with the Hotel Mode set to on) doesn't include the field "info link country" or "local set", so I can't set it to "Italy" or "EU_Italy". :evil:
Is it possible to downgrade my firmware to a previous one (let's say T-VALDEUC_3008.3.exe) in which such options are available ? :P
Since I don't have any internet connection available, is there any procedure which uses for example a USB pendrive ?

I hope someone can help me. :roll:
Newthor Samsung UE46C7000WWXXH "Italianized" through Service Menu after downgrading to T-VALDEUC_3008.3 - Current Firmware: T-VALDEUC_3015.0
demaciado

Re: Firmware downgrade for LED UE46C7000WP

Post by demaciado »

Hi,

I've been able to "italianize" my TV (46C750 - 2010 LCD model) by
using ruSamsungTVCommunicator (hxxp://samsung.rainerullrich.de/) on a LAN PC

If you can read Italian or use Google Translate, go to
hxxp://www.avmagazine.it/forum/69-display-e-tv ... ost3453938
You can probably use a crossover Ethernet cable to connect the TV to the PC if you don't have a switch/hub.

YMMV, though...
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Use T-VALDEUC-0000 for downgrade and then install firmware you need.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
newthor

Post by newthor »

For Demaciado

First of all thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately I don't have any chance to connect my TV to the internet, neither through a PC LAN, so I'm afraid that the solution you're talking about is not applicable to my situation. :cry:

For juuso

What exactly is the step-by-step procedure I have to follow ?
You mean that I can first load firmware T-VALDEUC-0000 by USB, in order to make a sort of reset of the Tv, and then I can load (again via pendrive), for instance, T-VALDEUC_3008.3, so that all the extended service menu is available ?

By the way: can you confirm that firmware T-VALDEUC-3008.3 actually includes the full service menu (when accessed with the hotel mode set to on) ?

In case everything goes well (I mean after I have successfully changed the Local country to Italy), is it possible to install again the latest firmware T-VALDEUC_3015.0 with the same procedure above (T-VALDEUC-0000 first, then the desired firmware) without losing such achievements ?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you ! ;)
Newthor Samsung UE46C7000WWXXH "Italianized" through Service Menu after downgrading to T-VALDEUC_3008.3 - Current Firmware: T-VALDEUC_3015.0
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
newthor

Post by newthor »

juuso wrote:why don't you use search function? :-)

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partner-pu ... gsc.page=1
juuso, I actually used the search function :) and bumped into this thread http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?title=H ... C_firmware
The problem was that, since both the download links are not working :cry: , I didn't have the clue we were talking about the T-VALDEUC-0000 firmware !
Now, thanks to your explanations, the situation is clearer.

Furthermore, due to the expensive price of my LED UE46C7000WP, I'd like to be sure the proposed procedure is applicable and - most of all - doesn't harm the Tv !!!
I hope you'll understand and forgive ! ;)
demaciado

Post by demaciado »

newthor wrote:For Demaciado

First of all thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately I don't have any chance to connect my TV to the internet, neither through a PC LAN, so I'm afraid that the solution you're talking about is not applicable to my situation. :cry:

I'm looking forward to hearing from you ! ;)
Actually, you don't need to connect your TV to the Internet, as a direct connection
with a local PC through a crossover Ethernet cable is enough (hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_crossover_cable).

In this case you setup the simplest LAN, that is your TV and your PC.
In case you not familiar with setting static IP addresses and finding the right cable,
you can try to downgrade the firmware through the special T-VALDEUC-0000 version (you can find
it here hxxp://dl.dropbox.com/u/10699704/0000.zip).
Be aware that the ruSamsungTVCommunicator solution is safer that downgrading
and that it surely achieves the change of the Local set which is your goal.
See also viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3279
newthor

Post by newthor »

demaciado wrote: Actually, you don't need to connect your TV to the Internet, as a direct connection
with a local PC through a crossover Ethernet cable is enough (hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_crossover_cable).

In this case you setup the simplest LAN, that is your TV and your PC.
In case you not familiar with setting static IP addresses and finding the right cable,
you can try to downgrade the firmware through the special T-VALDEUC-0000 version (you can find
it here hxxp://dl.dropbox.com/u/10699704/0000.zip).
Be aware that the ruSamsungTVCommunicator solution is safer that downgrading
and that it surely achieves the change of the Local set which is your goal.
See also viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3279
Well, I missunderstood your first answer Demaciado: sorry !
I wrongly thought you referred to internet connections or similar, while the issue is simply to create a cable connection (unfortunately no wifi available for me...) between the TV and a PC.

The procedure is almost clear: I also found on the internet some screenshots.

Could you please doublecheck the download link for T-VALDEUC-0000 in your post, since I'm unable to get the 0000.zip file from it ?

Once again, thank you ;)
demaciado

Post by demaciado »

The download link for T-VALDEUC-0000 works only if you replace "hxxp" with "http" ;)
newthor

Post by newthor »

Demaciado, I finally managed to download the T-VALDEUC-0000 firmware from both your proposed source and this link inside the Forum http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?title=O ... s#Valencia. ;)

Then I realized that the 2 files have considerably different sizes: while "your" 0000.zip is 109 MB, "SamyGo's" T-VALDEUC_0000.zip is 135 MB. :?:

The question is: which is the correct one, to be used for the downgrade ?

Did you ever heard of trojans or other threats put inside these packages ?

Since in the next weekend I'm going to try and downgrade my TV, it would be great if somebody can give me direction for this issue. :?

Return to “[C] Support”