Firmware downgrade for LED UE46C7000WP

Support for C series TVs that all user could ask. Please do not ask a questions at other forums.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Firmware downgrade for LED UE46C7000WP

Post by juusso »

Both are ok, these are from different sources. Btw, no info about any exploit or trojan.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
demaciado

Post by demaciado »

I did not notice the size difference.
Looking at the archive contents, it's mainly due to differently sized appdata.img.sec,

Anyway, go with "SamyGo's" T-VALDEUC_0000.zip, it's from a reliable source ;)
and tested by many users...
newthor

Post by newthor »

Thank you very much juuso and Demaciado. ;)

One last question: since my downgrade is aimed at unlocking the service menu and have all of its features available, so that I can change the "Local set" from EU_ONLY to ITALY and have MHP, LCN and EPG Guide fully working on my LED TV, towards which "older" firmware should I downgrade ?
Should I load T-VALDEUC_3005.1 or T-VALDEUC_3008.3 ?
Last edited by newthor on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newthor Samsung UE46C7000WWXXH "Italianized" through Service Menu after downgrading to T-VALDEUC_3008.3 - Current Firmware: T-VALDEUC_3015.0
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

I would suggest before you downgrade your FW you could try the ruTVcommunicator network trick, there is a chance that it unlocks the full-servicemenu even with your current firmware...
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
andysilent

Post by andysilent »

"more older the firmware more better" :lol:
I'm still on 1016 and happy with it. Furthermore it's easy to make an usb-upgrade if you are not happy with an older firmware. If you want to downgrade you always have to go over 0000!
TV: UE46C8790, T-VALDEUC_1016, SamyGO: enabled via widget-hack
BD: D6900ZF, patched B-FIRURDEUC_1103: SamyGO widget running
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

* "always" applies only to non-rooted TV
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
newthor

Post by newthor »

Well guys, I'm happy to say that, thanks to your precious advices, I successfully managed to "italianize" my LED UE46C7000WP ! :mrgreen:

Here is the procedure I followed (I'm confident it might help other people with the same necessities):
01 - turned ON the HOTEL MODE, switched ON the TV in SERVICE MODE and made a CLONE TV TO USB command (just in order to have a backup available): finally I turned back to OFF the HOTEL MODE;
02 - loaded by USB the 0000 firmware (from this point beyond a "NOT FOR SALE" message was displayed in the TV every time I switched channels);
03 - loaded by USB the 3008.3 firmware (the message above disappeared);
04 - turned ON the HOTEL MODE, switched ON the TV in SERVICE MODE and made all the required changes to LOCAL SET and COUNTRY (inside the OPTION MENU) and to REGION and INFO LINK COUNTRY (inside the CONTROL --> SUBOPTION MENU);
05 - took pictures of all the menus and submenus inside the SERVICE MODE MENU (since I wasn't sure that such settings would be kept after the factory reset);
06 - made a FACTORY RESET;
07- switched the TV ON, installed the channels (as it was the first time) and finally had interactive services (i.e. red button on RAI channels) active and channels automaticcally sorted ! :lol:

Once again I want to thank all the people which supported me on this forum, which is absolutely #1 !

There is just one question pending :roll:
Some channels which were formerly available in my previous channel list (compiled setting Spain as country), now that the only country available is Italy are not available anymore (i.e. RAI HD).
Is there a specific item in the service menu which has to be set for this aim or might this depend on the Firmware currently installed ?
Last edited by newthor on Fri May 17, 2013 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Newthor Samsung UE46C7000WWXXH "Italianized" through Service Menu after downgrading to T-VALDEUC_3008.3 - Current Firmware: T-VALDEUC_3015.0
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Please stop coloring your text.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
newthor

Post by newthor »

juuso wrote:Please stop coloring your text.
DONE, also for earlier posts. Sorry :oops:

2 final notes:

1) after the FACTORY RESET, the purchase date displayed in the Service Mode Menu had changed from the original value to the date of the Downgrade; :|

2) since I opened a new discussion with regards to the problem of auto-update of the channel list, this thread might be marked as [SOLVED]. :D
romani

Post by romani »

Here is the procedure I followed (I'm confident it might help other people with the same necessities
01 - turned ON the HOTEL MODE, switched ON the TV in SERVICE MODE and made a CLONE TV TO USB command (just in order to have a backup available): finally I turned back to OFF the HOTEL MODE;
02 - loaded by USB the 0000 firmware (from this point beyond a "NOT FOR SALE, message was displayed in the TV every time I switched channels,
03 - loaded by USB the 3008.3 firmware (the message above disappeared);
04 - turned ON the HOTEL MODE, switched ON the TV in SERVICE MODE and made all the required changes to LOAL SET and COUNTRY (inside the OPTION MENU) and to REGION and INFO LINK COUNTRY (inside the CONTROL -> SUBOPTION MENU);
05 - took pictures of all the menus and submenus inside the SERVICE MODE MENU (since I wasn't sure that such settings would be kept after the factory reset;
06 - made a FACTORY RESET,
07- switched the TV ON, installed the channels (as it was the first time) and finally had interactive services (i.e. red button on RAI channels) active and channels automaticcally sorted !

Return to “[C] Support”