How to excute compiled arm bin and display output on Tv?

Support for C series TVs that all user could ask. Please do not ask a questions at other forums.

Mkò

How to excute compiled arm bin and display output on Tv?

Post by Mkò » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:33 pm

Noob question i know. But is possible to compile a binary arm and print the stdout on tv?
For example if i compile one program for armv7 how can i display it on tv? For example for c series we have rtmpdump. On Windows you can use it and display the stdout to vlc with this code

--quiet | "C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" -

that display the video. Is possible do this with rtmpdump compiled for armv7?

beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: How to excute compiled arm bin and display output on Tv?

Post by beatfreak » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:29 pm

AFAIK we have no framebuffer support or anything to draw on TVs panel, as all this stuff happens in the encryped sandboxes...
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.

Mkò

Post by Mkò » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:13 pm

beatfreak wrote:AFAIK we have no framebuffer support or anything to draw on TVs panel, as all this stuff happens in the encryped sandboxes...
Thanks for your answer but i know that on SamyGO extension there is a frame buffer.init script that as arris says allow access to framebuffer. Can this be used?

arris69
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by arris69 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:59 pm

Mk? wrote:
beatfreak wrote:AFAIK we have no framebuffer support or anything to draw on TVs panel, as all this stuff happens in the encryped sandboxes...
Thanks for your answer but i know that on SamyGO extension there is a frame buffer.init script that as arris says allow access to framebuffer. Can this be used?
in theory yes, but it's a relict from b series.

you have to find the memory address where the framebuffer is mapped then you can draw into (direct into the memory or you make your own framebuffer kernel driver then you can use any graphics library what has a framebuffer support...)

Return to “[C] Support”