UN40C5000 picture all messed up, please help!

Support for C series TVs that all user could ask. Please do not ask a questions at other forums.

SamsungSucks

UN40C5000 picture all messed up, please help!

Post by SamsungSucks »

So I went into service menu to see what kind of options were available compared to my other 2 samsung TV's followed by a factory reset so I could start fresh on this one.

What I did was enter the service menu and go to each tab to see what options were there then went back to the factory reset and did a factory reset, but I never actually changed anything.

when I turned the TV back on the picture was all messed up, looks all solarized and distorted so I tried everything to fix it but nothing was working.

One thing I tried was to change the model to a PC model which made the picture look perfect but the screen was upside down and hdmi connections no longer work.

Does anyone know what is wrong with my TV? How do I fix it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: UN40C5000 picture all messed up, please help!

Post by zoelechat »

Well-named "factory reset" resets service menu settings to factory defaults, not specific to your TV model. You should have kept all original values before doing it, now you have to find them and set them back...
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
SamsungSucks

Post by SamsungSucks »

zoelechat wrote:Well-named "factory reset" resets service menu settings to factory defaults, not specific to your TV model. You should have kept all original values before doing it, now you have to find them and set them back...
Any Idea where I can find a guide for this? I cant enter advanced options so I'm not sure how I would go about doing that...While in service menu i hit 0000 while advanced bar is highlighted but all it does is add another bar that just says "Picture" and advanced is still not available.

Should I :?: find someone with the same TV and copy all settings or buy another motherboard and copy all the settings or are the settings not accessible?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Not sure it's absolutely necessary to access advanced options, you need at least to set important values in option menu (type, front color, model, tuner...) and maybe some other in control menu concerning HDMI, HV flip and so on...
Anyway, I don't think you could grope for settings and it would be needed to retrieve them from same TV/mainboard as you said. No guide for this, just copy/paste...
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
SamsungSucks

Post by SamsungSucks »

zoelechat wrote:Not sure it's absolutely necessary to access advanced options, you need at least to set important values in option menu (type, front color, model, tuner...) and maybe some other in control menu concerning HDMI, HV flip and so on...
Anyway, I don't think you could grope for settings and it would be needed to retrieve them from same TV/mainboard as you said. No guide for this, just copy/paste...

I was able to get in there and mess with the settings, the issue was the "VESSA" it was set to. I dont remember what i changed it to but once i took it off VESA it started working then i just adjusted all the settings till it looked right.
torrment

Post by torrment »

hey could you be more precise in what you did cause i have the same problem exactly as your picture thanks in advance
ahmadl

Post by ahmadl »

u must find same orginal value :idea:

Return to “[C] Support”