Recovering hack

Support for C series TVs that all user could ask. Please do not ask a questions at other forums.

istvanszucs

Recovering hack

Post by istvanszucs »

I have been having errors more and more often in the past months on my C650 - these seem to be network issues, or issues writing to my nfs.
After reading up I learned that if I do a factory reset my samygo extensions should remain the same and since I replaced my router I was hoping that this could fix my Tv issues. So I did a factory reset, but after this the virtual usbs I had did not appear.
Assuming I lost my hack I downgraded to 0000 and then to 3005 firmware. I tried the hack but I get the message ERROR!: Cannot copy
/mtd_rwcommon/common/usb_hotplug.sh to /mtd_rwarea/usb_mount/usb_hotplug.sh. Error Code:-5 from the widget.

Can someone please help to recover my hacks?

Istvan
istvanszucs

Re: Recovering hack

Post by istvanszucs »

An intermediate question: what does the error -5 mean? Does it mean that the partition is corrupted, or that there is a file already there with that name? So, could a change to the script in the hack help?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

If you have exlink cable, best way to reset is format mtd_rwarea...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
istvanszucs

Post by istvanszucs »

I don't and I am not too handy with soldering... I would be happy to buy one, or to find an alternative solutiom...
istvanszucs

Post by istvanszucs »

juuso wrote:If you have exlink cable, best way to reset is format mtd_rwarea...
btw... I only tried the widget hack. I assume that the hotel mode hack would do the same. Am I right?
another question... what could have possibly caused this problem. I thought that factory reset shouldn't damage the hack...
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

with hotel mode hack you have a higher possibility of success as it relies more on the "onboard" functions of your tv
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
istvanszucs

Post by istvanszucs »

beatfreak wrote:with hotel mode hack you have a higher possibility of success as it relies more on the "onboard" functions of your tv
Actually hotel mode hack as described in

http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Hackin ... es_models)

worked.

There is a specific section

If you lost the hack and try to rehack and get message "failed to receive file from usb..."

That applies to my situation, so if some has the same issue it may be a good idea to try before going through the pain with soldering an ExLink cable.
alexvirgil

Post by alexvirgil »

I have a UE40C6990 samsung tv, I wrote the firmware T-VALDEUC_0000, without success.
started restarting after 5 - 6 seconds ...
i solved with eeprom reset with short in pins 5-6,
I tried updating firmware T-VALDEUC_3005.1 without success
I tried updating firmware T-VALDEUC_3011.0, unsuccessfully
I tried updating the firmware T-VALDEUC-3018.1
and now everything is all right!
I wanted to modify her subtitle higher on the hdd media player
I did not succeed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Use my patches, they work :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
alexvirgil

Post by alexvirgil »

Hello
I'm waiting for some advice
how to proceed
Thankyou

Return to “[C] Support”