UE32C4000 All Share / DLNA problem

Support for C series TVs that all user could ask. Please do not ask a questions at other forums.

ralsam
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: UE32C4000 All Share / DLNA problem

Post by ralsam »

This evening I spent some more time tweaking with the TV and the only reason I see for my problem is the MediaPlay DLNA setting in the SM that is grayed and OFF now. I searched the forum but it looks like nobody knows how to make the MediaPlay settings active...
I really hope I am wrong...
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

when you tried to unlock advanced service menu did you check the oher options if there were at least some mor available options?
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //
FYI: you can close your ssh session with SamyGO with

Code: Select all

~.
If you can't fix it using dvct tape, you are not using enough dvct tape.
ralsam
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by ralsam »

When I entered the SM and presented the Factory and 3Speed keys I actually noticed that the menu blinks and on the first look nothing changes... Then I checked all the menus and found out that entering the two keys works just like the hotel mode - expands more settings in the sub-menus - but nothing more than the hotel mode - so the MediaPlay DLNA option was still grayed. There should be a way to make it active and switch it ON...
ralsam
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by ralsam »

Now here's the news...
It looks like the TV is just OK - I found out that actually the android server (ArcMC app) is somehow incompatible with the Samsung TV - I was able to play my content on any other device at home and that's why I thought the problem is somewhere in the TV settings but now I know it's the server...
Yesterday I installed the Samsung All Share (now Samsung link) software on my laptop, I connected and shared my HDD with all the music, picture and video files I have and now everything works like a charm... The TV plays all the media content just fine via AllShare. Only the 1080p videos require some buffering from time to time but I believe that's my home network problem...
So finally: There is no need for the MediaPlay settings in the TV's SM to be activated - the AllShare function works fine with the appropriate media server...
Now I will have to find another android media server app that will work with the Samsung TV since I prefer to use my Android media player as a server.
The problem is that Samsung link software can only be installed on Samsung devices (or desktop PCs) - my android Galaxy Tab 3 has the software already installed but my Android media player is not Samsung and the Samsung link app is not available for it...
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

ralsam wrote:Yesterday I installed the Samsung All Share (now Samsung link) software on my laptop, I connected and shared my HDD with all the music, picture and video files I have and now everything works like a charm...
You have already been advised to try that several posts ago ;)
ralsam wrote:The problem is that Samsung link software can only be installed on Samsung devices (or desktop PCs) - my android Galaxy Tab 3 has the software already installed but my Android media player is not Samsung and the Samsung link app is not available for it...
Samsung link is real crap anyway, try "BubbleUPNP" apk, you should even be able to launch movies directly from Android media player through UPNP/DLNA using it, in addition to browse library from TV. That's the one I use everyday (on E, I can't tell if it will work as well on your C :) )
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
ralsam
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by ralsam »

Thank you all for the assistance and the helpful ideas - you were wright advising me to try another server and that's what I'm going to do - just for now I am still using Samsung link from my laptop but as soon as I find some more time I will install BubbleUPNP on my android media player and will set-up the new media server - I really hope the TV will play all media with this new server..
ralsam
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by ralsam »

Unfortunately non of the android based media servers (and I tried more than 10 different apps, including BubbleUPNP) work for me -I still have the same message with all file types - Not supported file format...
Only Samsung Link works fine with my C4000 TV. And it's not available for my android non-Samsung device...
BTW I managed to successfully install Samsung link on my device but I can not open/run it - quite normal for a non-Samsung device...
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

has mediatomb been one of the servers you tried? i am using it with my c6500 and it needs some config-tweaks to be compatible with samsung tvs
//UE40C6500 @ T-VALDEUC 3011 // rooted manual HotelMode style // PVR to NFS via 18MB on-the-fly sparse XFS //

~.
ralsam
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by ralsam »

I need an android based media server that works with C TVs - I could not find Mediatomb for android...
beatfreak
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by beatfreak »

something like this or this could increase the range of available software but i doubt that it will be "plug n play"
basically it allows you to install a linux distro on your android device (has to be rooted). so for example you could instal ubuntu server/alternate as minimal install (console only) and then run available linux software in it

~.

Return to “[C] Support”