PVR possible on UE32J5200AKXZT?

Here for general support for J series TVs, request and problem solve area.

MrKappa

PVR possible on UE32J5200AKXZT?

Post by MrKappa »

Hello', I'm new on this forum and I have started reading posts about mods on Samsung TV.
I have UE32J5200AKXZT, I will try to enter on the service menu and my main interest would be to enable PVR functions, if possible.
Is there any list of which tv it can be enabled?
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: PVR possible on UE32J5200AKXZT?

Post by sectroyer »

First of all you should start by disabling updates and blocking them on router ASAP. Without it NO GO :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
MrKappa

Post by MrKappa »

Yes, on my tv OTN is now OFF and updates blocked on my Fritzbox router.
For PVR on my menu' I only see Numb or PVR records set to 0.
I didn't see a page for PVR enabling yet. Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

You need EXTENDED service menu for enabling PVR. Also you might need rooting :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
MrKappa

Post by MrKappa »

Thanks. I found the menu enabling the EXTENDED service menu and PVR is ON but even after reboot I don't see any change in the GUI and software in order to use PVR. I have attached an external HDD in the USB port as first point.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

As long as you don't change TV model or possibly local_set, PVR values are restored after reboot. Try to only exit service menu using FACTORY key after setting values, without rebooting, then check PVR.
Know that you can easily brick your TV if ever you decide to try changing TV model.
Changing localset is much safest. Maybe a clue there: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=9921&p=82428#p82428
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
MrKappa

Post by MrKappa »

As I have a J5200 which model type I should set to avoid issues, i.e. J5500? Of course I don't want to brick the tv and I hope with your help in this forum I can get success! ;)
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

No idea, there's no rule, otherwise there wouldn't be any risk :)
You tried localset trick? And exiting service menu?
MrKappa

Post by MrKappa »

In my case I tried already to reboot the TV and the settings are saved. PVR function is still ON but I don't see changes in the menu' or way to start recording. My RCU does not have a recording key but only for play/pause, rewind, stop, so I suppose that, if it's possible to implement recording, there should be some new menu.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

If you found a way to send FACTORY key, you must be able to find REC key as well :)

Return to “[J] Support”